Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ok, some good points about the club

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There was loads to disagree with but our better players being linked with other clubs being listed as a negative against the club is one of the more bizarre that gets mentioned around here multiple times. It's because we scouted / bought / developed these players well that interest exists.

Maybe it was just better under Roeder when no-one wanted our players.

You've missed the point. The OP suggests we have a good set of senior players to keep as a core moving forward... My point is; these players are linked with transfers and are likely to move on. It's not a negative against the club at all. 

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You've missed the point. The OP suggests we have a good set of senior players to keep as a core moving forward... My point is; these players are linked with transfers and are likely to move on. It's not a negative against the club at all. 

It’s more important to move on the ones we don’t want! That’s the hard bit

The biggest plus about the club is the youth and academy. All Norwich fans I know are very happy with it. At least that money was well spent.

7 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Where I am at with it is.

If there is not a viable alternative business plan available apart from the blueprint Webber has come up self funding model buy low sell high invest in the academy etc… Then I back this plan it is a good plan. However clearly this does not mean the club are above criticism for this season it has been a stinker of the highest order. The execution of the plan this season has been woeful. Execute the same plan better and things will improve.

My sentiments exactly. The model is easily the best we can do in the absence of huge investment with the largesse of a squillionaire owner, and even if we were to have such investment, focusing on youth development and having a certain "style of play" will always be a useful, viable secondary income stream.

But the recruitment wasn't right this year. At the same time, I accept Webber had a go, as our transfer record fell in the window (maybe even twice). The most pointed questions I would want to ask would be based on our scouting and data analysis when it comes to transfers.

8 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Where I am at with it is.

If there is not a viable alternative business plan available apart from the blueprint Webber has come up self funding model buy low sell high invest in the academy etc… Then I back this plan it is a good plan. However clearly this does not mean the club are above criticism for this season it has been a stinker of the highest order. The execution of the plan this season has been woeful. Execute the same plan better and things will improve.

I agree with this; the only caveat I would add is that I'd rather see a culture of actually discussing what and how things really went wrong rather than mindlessly ranting about sacking the board/Webber/the Manager that we constantly have to suffer from the usual suspects in this scenario from those who don't look beyond the instant gratification of supporting (if you can call it that) a winning club. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie