Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Josh Martin

Scored a decent goal for Doncaster today. 4 for them since he joined in January. Could he be an option as a number ten next season?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Scored a decent goal for Doncaster today. 4 for them since he joined in January. Could he be an option as a number ten next season?

No.

Saying that I'd rather see him in a Norwich shirt than I would Hernandez and Placheta.

Edited by Move Klose
  • Like 1

He's now had a hard knocks education and come out of it as the best player in a poor side.  You never know, his confidence doesn't seem knocked and a good close season at Colney he could be like a new player to the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seemed like he was the next big thing for a short while but sadly the fireworks faded. Prehaps worth a go in the champs but won't be starting ahead of any of our top players, and now we have Dowell and Rowe coming through he would have show some real good play to get in..

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He's now had a hard knocks education and come out of it as the best player in a poor side.  You never know, his confidence doesn't seem knocked and a good close season at Colney he could be like a new player to the team.

Agree, I think he can play a role next season.

Worth adding that this tough season is in part down to bad luck. He joined MK Don's when Martin was still in charge I think, and his replacement played a system that relied on wing backs rather than wingers which basically left Josh without a real role.

3 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

The straws are being grasped. 

Jacob Murphy did well in league one before the Championship. I think a lot would argue he'd walk into our current side.

• Like 1