pete

The Villa transfer raid in progress

8 minutes ago, komakino said:

It would help if we actually had owners that were interested in the EPL. That's the common denominator.  

Doubt she's got time to be interested in the EPL since she's been so busy trying multiple times to invest in Ipswich according to you 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Do you really, really believe that the owners "pocket the money?" If not, why say it?

Sit back and relax Badger. 1100 here in 🇧🇷.  Got my six  pack brahma beer 🍺 chilled 👌 to perfection ready for the game. 

brahma_-_600ml.png

19 minutes ago, komakino said:

It would help if we actually had owners that were interested in the EPL. That's the common denominator.  

It’s certainly the common denominator in your posts. How many years ago was that Times article? 😴

13 minutes ago, komakino said:

Delia was quoted a few years back that the club was 'no better off' if it got promoted (wages etc). While that isn't completely factually correct I can see where she was coming from in certain ways. 

Komakino agrees with Delia shocker!!! 😱

I realise this is oversimplifying (bonuses for one) but if the club spends a year in the Championship and ends up with nothing at the end of the season, it has a Championship squad. For the same year in the PL and no cash at the end of it, it (theoretically at least) has a PL squad. Plus goodwill, enhanced reputation, better global recognition… So looking at it purely on a cash in, cash out basis is only a small part of the overall picture.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s certainly the common denominator in your posts. How many years ago was that Times article? 😴

2016. Valid now as it was then.

My wife worked at CR and would bust the myth that the club is well run. It's still a shambles behind the scenes I hear, but she was told by staff that the club was not really interested in the top tier - or words to that effect.