Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

UEFA announces 70% Squad Cost Rule

"Uefa has brought in new financial regulations which will limit clubs' spending on wages, transfers and agents' fees to 70% of their revenue.

Permitted losses over a three-year period have also risen from 30m euros (£24.98m) to 60m euros (£49.96m)."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60973786

Unlikely to affect us as we don't have a rich owner to bankroll us, and arguably helps the 'big 6' to keep their stranglehold on the game, but would affect any super rich investor wanting to buy a club.

So keeps the current super wealthy clubs at arms length and puts off any more Newcastle-esque shenanigans. 

Business as usual 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

So keeps the current super wealthy clubs at arms length and puts off any more Newcastle-esque shenanigans. 

Business as usual 

Can’t they still just get some Saudi “soft drinks company” to sponsor them for a ****ton of money over market price?

• Like 1

I don't care that the Man City's or Utd's have a financial advantage over us, they have massive fan bases and bring in huge amounts of commercial revenue. I have a problem with the likes of Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth having a financial advantage over us due to them having a sugardaddy who has bought them all their success while we have to sell our best players to stay afloat. 

This should help us compete  more against the super rich small clubs who have no fans and nothing going for them except the wealth of their owners and maybe make up some of the lost ground on similar sized clubs to ours who also have a wealthy owner so this is okay with me. Yes it helps the big clubs and that's why it was introduced, but from our perspective which is literally all I care about this doesn't hurt us at all. 

• Like 1