My prediction is Smith to be gone early 2023. His record is decent elsewhere but not amazing, the football is horrible to watch, he hasn't got the same record here that Farke had to fall back on. If we are not very close to the top, people will turn later this year en masse.

The problem is there is no project anymore, just another standard British manager trying to get players who aren't good enough as high up as possible by any means possible. We aren't "doing things differently" like we love to profess. We sacked a manager at the first sign of trouble and appointed a British ex-centre half pragmatist who wasnt even available when we sacked Farke. Which is fine, most clubs our size do that, but its not something that makes me love our club like I did at the start of the season under Sir Daniel Farke.

Since Smith arrived the training has decreased in intensity according to some reports but the number of players sitting out games through fatigue has increased significantly perhaps it is not such a happy camp.

3 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Since Smith arrived the training has decreased in intensity according to some reports but the number of players sitting out games through fatigue has increased significantly perhaps it is not such a happy camp.

Didn’t the Pink Un interview with Rupp say that the training sessions were shorter but higher intensity? He said he preferred them as well.

I think the fatigue is just players who hadn’t played in a long time not recovering well. The PL is really high intensity and physically a full match will take it out of them. 

The man has the man management skills of Farke.  Has his favourites and plays them whether they credit first team selection.  Doesn't even try to improve the midfield with imaginative selections.  He will fail in the Champs but be ready for some Villa cast offs to be recruited

47 minutes ago, pete said:

The man has the man management skills of Farke.  Has his favourites and plays them whether they credit first team selection.  Doesn't even try to improve the midfield with imaginative selections.  He will fail in the Champs but be ready for some Villa cast offs to be recruited

Yes, Villa took our best player and in return we'll get their dross.