Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

4 quickly becoming 3

19 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Clutching at straws perhaps but Trippier injured his ankle during yesterday‘s game and could be out for some time.

Still think the Geordies and Everton will escape the drop fairly easily but every little helps as they say….

Toon could be regretting not listing Jamal in their squad.  It only takes an injury to key players to knock you off course!  

That said, still think it is 3 from 7.

Dunno about you lot, but I'm sticking to the notion that until the maths tells us otherwise, I'll believe. I know it's not particularly likely, but I'll believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Toon could be regretting not listing Jamal in their squad.  It only takes an injury to key players to knock you off course!  

That said, still think it is 3 from 7.

The 31-year-old suffered a break in his left foot and will have surgery this week.

The club tweeted: "Kieran Trippier is set to be sidelined for #NUFC's upcoming fixtures after fracturing a bone in his foot during yesterday's win over Aston Villa.

😁🥳👌👍

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mengo said:

The 31-year-old suffered a break in his left foot and will have surgery this week.

The club tweeted: "Kieran Trippier is set to be sidelined for #NUFC's upcoming fixtures after fracturing a bone in his foot during yesterday's win over Aston Villa.

I know I added a laugh emoji but that was not aimed at Trippier himself, but to the predicament that the Toon owners now find themselves in.  The only reason they have won two of the last three games was because of Trippier, without him they are going to be back in the mire as none of the other "big" acquisitions have shown anything special.  Thus the PIF may yet be shown to have spunked  millions up the wall and created a real rod for their backs next season should they get relegated.

Norwich have been through another mini injury crisis with most of those out now coming back to fitness (but let's all pray for Omo!).  There is nothing to suggest that other teams around us will not suffer the same fate.

The game is still very much on, despite what might will probably happen Saturday.   get past that and let Smith work his magic.

• Like 1

Whilst the injury to Trippier is amusing, it is a double edged sword in that they'll have a weakened team to face Brentford soon. All things considered I hope they beat Brentford as we're down to very fine margins now as I still think our only hope is Brentford and Leeds get sucked into a relegation battle.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Whilst the injury to Trippier is amusing, it is a double edged sword in that they'll have a weakened team to face Brentford soon. All things considered I hope they beat Brentford as we're down to very fine margins now as I still think our only hope is Brentford and Leeds get sucked into a relegation battle.

I accept that, but that is a very bleak way of looking at things.  A draw keeps them both in it and with more injuries and a sending off or two it could be hugely beneficial.  I'm looking on the Percy side of things.  🙂   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's quite a battle whichever way you look at it. Many twists and turns to happen in the next few games. Hopefully to benefit Norwich. 🙏

• Like 1

You have to wonder how Eriksen is going to help Brentford when he gets fit. He played in a friendly tonight. Brentfords next 3 games are Newcastle, Norwich, Burnley before they get a series of strong sides