Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Winter Olympics

Did they hold the British Ski Jumping eliminators in Norfolk?f

I will watch the Nordic Skiing particularly the Cross Country as being an ex long distance runner the longer events appeal to me.

Open ceremony should be at least half decent. Nothing beats that super cute wee kid singing from the summer one years ago. Excellent lip syncing as well. Maybe they will get the same person now older in again.

You could power 100 homes in the UK for 100 years - heating, lighting, cooking for the amount of energy it costs to produce ONE TONNE of artificial snow…

for 2 weeks in some godforsaken police state somewhere in the Far East.

I won't be watching because of the hideous human rights record of China. Just as I won't watch the Qatar world cup. I truly feel sorry for the athletes who have dedicated their lives to perfecting their sporting prowess, and I fully understand why they will still compete. My anger is directed at the corrupt governing bodies of international sporting organisations that accept bids (and bribes) from countries that have demonstrably appalling records of human rights abuses. Sporting achievement should be judged on sporting merit alone, any country that excludes members of its own population from demonstrating their sporting abilities because of their race, religion, sexuality etc should thus be disbarred from hosting international sports competitions.

Just love Therese Johaug. Greatest female cross country skiier ever and gets her first Olympic Individual Gold. And she qualified to run the 10K at the Olympics for Norway but declined. And she is a real good looking lady.

Therese Johaug : Therese Johaug gjør det bra også utenfor ...