Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

The new iwan?

Remember when iwan Roberts signed and had a poor first season and looked like a terrible signing- but then something clicked…

Am really hoping the same will be said if Josh Sargent! If he can push on from here- he could yet win us over 

Dear NCFC Shop. Any chance of some New Gossy Revamped Wigs, but different colour ?  Well done Josh. Hard work pays off. Fair play, as both Daniel & Dean stuck by and believed in him. Good Lad

17 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Remember when iwan Roberts signed and had a poor first season and looked like a terrible signing- but then something clicked…

Am really hoping the same will be said if Josh Sargent! If he can push on from here- he could yet win us over 

Negative thinking. He HAS won us over, except you apparently.

• Like 1

He definitely has cult hero potential. A player we all know isnt real quality but always gives you his all and a chance he can impact a game through his awkwardness and endeavour. Very similar to Iwan. As fans we love players who always give it their all as long as they're not totally hopeless and Sargent is a long, long way away from being hopeless - there is something there for sure. It also helps if they have a 'thing'...Iwan had his teeth, Sargent has his haircut. I'm all over it.

If he carries on playing like that in midfield with his athleticism and aggression and add in a goal or two along the way, not only will he become a big asset for us he will, because of his enthusiasm and endeavour, become a fans favourite.

Very quickly 

Really showing my age now. Two other players that come to mind are Laurie Sheffield and Hugh Curran,

Did they both have shaky starts? 

I remember being in the Barclay when Sheffield was receiving so much abuse it was unbelievable, then he scored twice!

I seem to recall Curran having a slow start before becoming a regular goalscorer.

Perhaps one or two of the 'elder statesmen' can remember better than me.

Hopefully he can push on from here and can become a top striker for us.

Nobody has ever doubted his attitude and workrate. Something others at this club could learn from!

Maybe a coincidence, but becoming a father may have just triggered that little bit extra steel and desire to be good.