Sign in to follow this  
Mengo

T. Cantwell available.

Can't see Todd starting. We need to nullify without the ball initially... perhaps a player to come off the bench and give us something different in the 2nd half. I'd much rather see Sergeant start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:
4 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Maybe try Giannoulis at left wing? Attacking is his strong point and could help defensively.

Not the wildest idea, he did look a lot better going forward against Newcastle than anyone else, and got the assist as well. Smith will know what he wants from what he's seen so far though, and from his comments that suggests Todd will be starting 

I've suggested this before to round derision, as if playing two left backs is daft, but I think it is a good idea, especially as Giannoulis is so good going forwards. Seems to me to be the best of both worlds -

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Williams

Sargent Gilmour Rupp Mclean Giannoulis

Pukki

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Can't see Todd starting. We need to nullify without the ball initially... perhaps a player to come off the bench and give us something different in the 2nd half. I'd much rather see Sergeant start.

Well, Sargent certainly nullifies 😅

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've suggested this before to round derision, as if playing two left backs is daft, but I think it is a good idea, especially as Giannoulis is so good going forwards. Seems to me to be the best of both worlds -

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Williams

Sargent Gilmour Rupp Mclean Giannoulis

Pukki

Tend to agree, and that's where Dimitris has lined up for Greece ahead of the Liverpool left back.

Assuming Skipp is one of their midfielders, if we can keep their wingbacks quiet they'll lack a bit of creativity and we'll be in with an outside chance.

The problem will be Teemu being so isolated.