Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

The "Canaries"

Doing the rounds, watching interviews with Dean Smith, I stumbled across this chat:-

While watching, I couldn't help think about how much larger their tunnel is for players to come out vs our tight corridors and that bend at Carrow Road doesn't even allow you to line up beside the other team.

Then, coming out you see those two lions by the door with the "Pride" text at the side, lions claw/slash as the 'I', i.e. you know you're at Villa Park and it's their territory.

I then started questioning our colours, the Canary on the badge and how we're not really all that intimidating.  I adore what we are, and it's something I've never really judged in the past because it "just is", But, Are we just a little bit soft inherently? 🙂

We have a lion and a castle on our badge, plus the heritage of the city reaches back into Roman/Iceni and Norman conquests.  should these be promoted more to build a tougher mentality that we build on as a club?

I'm thinking a massive tapestry design that depicts Lions as they defend the castle with some quality wording underneath that defines the club, such as "Never mind the danger".  But how the hell do you fit a Canary into that kind of identity? Have them riding lions? Commanding them?  Spikes on their legs? 

Anyone else question such things?  This international break is taking it's toll on me, I feel.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Oh they're more feisty than what I thought. lol

Let's hope the guys replicate the same positive mentalities on the football field.

Cmon Deano

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you're a worm the canaries are pretty scary

Even your avatar on here has a better lion than our club badge and you're a right push over (😂).  At least make the lion look less like a melted toy would be nice, we could work on scratches and fighting canaries after that first step perhaps?

Maybe Dean can draw Lions?

Edited by Google Bot

Guardian headline before the play-off semi-final second leg in 2002, as Nigel Worthington highlighted our opponents' tendency to kill, maim and disfigure, and called for strong refereeing:

'Canary demands protection from Wolves'.

But the OP is right. We're soft as ****. Probably the 'nicest' club in the whole of England. But that's why I fell in love with the club - Millwall 2-3 Norwich, nice guys beat the ultimate bastards in a game for the ages - and our badge is truly who we are. 

It's BEAUTIFUL. 😍 And it will be only ever be changed in any way over my cold, dead body. 🤬

spacer.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I have found this “Scary Canary” online. Perhaps our new badge was leaked by the marketing/ merchandising department?! 😂

Haha, I just searched for "Angry Canary" and this came up, Never knew Brazil had an angry canary mascot, that's amazing and we need to kidnap him!!! 🙂

Brazil's mascot — a bad boy 'Angry Little Canary' — has become a sensation  at the World Cup

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I have found this “Scary Canary” online. Perhaps our new badge was leaked by the marketing/ merchandising department?! 😂

03DDB760-BCD4-41F1-8B64-6F86D6BF10F2.jpeg

Now thats got teeth😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mengo said:

Fighting canaries 

Screenshot_20211115-125836_Chrome.jpg

Great shot – but these are Greenfinches.

No need for you all to worry though, because as my old Granny used to say  "Nothing succeeds like a Canary with no teeth".

I’ll get me coat…

Edited by Don J Demorr

Brazilian canaries obviously have more attitude than Norwich ones............

canaries.jpg

Edited by Sooty57
typo

35 minutes ago, Don J Demorr said:

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣they are all finches are they not.

Screenshot_20211115-151213_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Meet Kingsley, The Partick Thistle mascot 

a6fc5530-e3fa-49db-9ac9-f90c40991c0d-bestSizeAvailable.png.19e11125bd9c1af22a92d94997554053.png

He's an angry yellow finch from Maryhill😊