BHA Fan

Norwich Pubs

On 13/09/2021 at 20:50, BHA Fan said:

It's the 6 or 7 minute walk uphill I'm worried about. I'm not as fit as I was 40 years ago!

Guys, it's been an absolute pleasure chatting and I'll send my route before arriving and a report on the beers on my return to the coast, 3 points in the bag I hope.

Having lived in the South East and my step father having been from there as well... it has been this way for eons. The prices in the South East are generally ridiculous. But I guess if people pay the prices they'll keep selling them at that price.

On 13/09/2021 at 17:15, PurpleCanary said:

The Norwich Hotel is close to the Marlborough, and a decent place to stay, with a fair-sized car park, which might be a factor. Probably a six or seven minute walk downhill to the ground.

My garden shed is bigger than that

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I knew it! You're David Cameron!!!

That’s not a shed, a shed is full old flowerpots, dirty tools and rubbish, a bit like Bill😁

Edited by Van wink
Deleted horsefly

Hi guys. It's the Monday after the big game and thought I'd pop on to sum up the match. As mentioned, I couldn't get a second ticket for the wife so it was a simple coach in and out for the game and no pubs. 8:30 am start from Brighton for the expected chaos due to the M23/M25 and A roadworks but in the end the journey was easy. Train works held up many fans in Cambridge it seems. Why do we put ourselves through this for a simple game of football?

As for the game. We played below par but should have had a penalty. Maupay should have gone down earlier and screamed about a broken ankle. Sargent was unlucky and just needs a goal to boost his confidence (just not against us). Will it come good for you? As an Albion fan our first priority is safety and so all the time three teams are below us we are happy.

How do we feel sitting in 4th. Heh, we're not checking our passports. Man City & Liverpool next (two teams we beat last season) so we could soon come crashing down. Rembember Southampton? Top of the league to relegation fight.

As for the beer. We have Harveys at the Amex, a local real ale served via hand pump. Glad to see a few bottles of beer at Carrow Road and tried most of them. Even the people serving them poured them nicely.

Ground atmosphere. As away fans everywhere always sing from minute 1 it's hard to hear the home fans. But you gave it some noise at the start and stayed with the team when you could have had a go at them.

Good luck for the season, it will come good just stay below us please. There's no such thing as an easy EPL fixture, but Saints and Leeds are both must wins I'd say.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BHA Fan said:

We played below par but should have had a penalty. Maupay should have gone down earlier and screamed about a broken ankle.

Sigh. Football is dead. What you're essentially saying is he didn't cheat well enough to win the penalty. What has happened to this sport?

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sigh. Football is dead. What you're essentially saying is he didn't cheat well enough to win the penalty. What has happened to this sport?

There was contact,  just not enough, plus the ball was running away, and Maupay made an absolute meal of it.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

There was contact,  just not enough, plus the ball was running away, and Maupay made an absolute meal of it.

Exactly, this idea that contact automatically equals foul is a nonsense. There was no foul on Maupay, he lost his balance, took a step away from Krul and then threw himself to the floor. It was never, ever a penalty. Nor was it even close to being controversial enough for Brighton fans to be bemoaning the fact they didn't get one.

That they are shows how bad the game is these days.

• Like 1

No, it wasn't a pen. Had that gone against us boy would we be moaning. But we now have players going down if someone breathes heavy on them. As fans we are against this 'he felt a touch' as they say on TV. This 'winning a foul' thing when a player purposefully puts his leg in front of the defenders and goes down. That should be a yellow all day long.

• Like 1

Maupay should have been booked. And the fact we have poster boy Jeff Stelling screaming in front of viewers that it was a blatant penalty "because there was contact" shows how entrenched cheating is, and how accepting fans have become of it. Contact does not equal foul. It never has. You're not entitled to throw yourself to the floor if you are touched and if you do you are guilty of simulation. It's the very definition of the word; you are simulating that the contact you felt was significantly worse than it was. Krul barely touched Maupay, and there was absolutely nowhere near enough contact for him to go down, he demonstrated that himself by not going down after the light brush he got from Krul. But when he realised he wasn't going to get to the ball, he threw himself to the floor.

The only thing VAR got wrong was not telling the ref to book the cheating, whiney little ****.

Edited by canarydan23

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Maupay should have been booked. And the fact we have poster boy Jeff Stelling screaming in front of viewers that it was a blatant penalty "because there was contact" shows how entrenched cheating is, and how accepting fans have become of it. Contact does not equal foul. It never has. You're not entitled to throw yourself to the floor if you are touched and if you do you are guilty of simulation. It's the very definition of the word; you are simulating that the contact you felt was significantly worse than it was. Krul barely touched Maupay, and there was absolutely nowhere near enough contact for him to go down, he demonstrated that himself by not going down after the light brush he got from Krul. But when he realised he wasn't going to get to the ball, he threw himself to the floor.

The only thing VAR got wrong was not telling the ref to book the cheating, whiney little ****.

If there is One player that Rips my Knitting it is Maupay ! Always Moaning and  Mouthing off 

• Like 1