Just don't think playing out from the back 80% of the time is the way to go,  we're getting closed down & robbed far too easily,  if we're going to persist with that then we need to be quicker. Also not getting bodies forward quick enough,  keep hearing that we'll learn lessons....when? Keep making same mistakes 

Don't worry, we did the exact same thing last week and Farke said we would learn from our mistakes. Which sounds stragely like the same thing he kept saying everytime we were in the Prem two seasons ago...

Said it before it's fine to do this playstyle against weaker teams that will let you keep the ball and will respect you and give you possestion.. But as soon as you come up against top teams this playstyle will lead to them closing you down and punishing you for it. Been proven time and time again yet nothing changes.

What I really don't understand is that when on a day like yesterday it clearly wasn't working, why there'd be no instruction to stop it.

Kept doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

In the 2019/20 season I asked why we didn't occasionally hoof it, I was told that if players started doing that then eventually they would then revert to that action as the norm. Personally I think it's less dangerous for 1 of the back 4 to hoof it out of play occasionally than for them to play it around and either lose it, or play it back to Krul to then present it to the opposition in the middle of the pitch.

Any fit individuals who are prepared to work hard can construct a press that will force the ball back to Krull 80% of the time. He will then have to boot the ball up the field where it could quite happily have gone in the first place. We cannot play out from the back I think that is obvious.

This is why it's lucky that fans aren't in charge of the team. Playing it out from the back is embedded in our philosophy and it works really well for us. The significant factor that *isn't* working right now is Krull's passing - he keeps giving the ball away in our half rather than picking a simple pass or going properly long. Other than that, I'd say it's working really well. We played through Arsenal  on a number of occasions and created significant overloads in attack several times. The fact that we weren't able to capitalise is symptomatic of other issues further up the field. 

I’m not sure that anything can be said to be imbedded in our philosophy. Or at the very least when something clearly does not work perhaps a change in philosophy might be helpful especially since those practicing the philosophy are changing continually. It’s not Krull’s First pass that seems to be the problem but rather the fact that ball keeps being forced back to him so quickly he is immediately under pressure.