Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Better Forum Access Control

Maybe one for Pete.

I went on to a villa forum the other day to see how they felt about Emi, put myself down as Nice Canary.

I had to register interest in joining the forum, tell them a bit about me and they choose to either let me in or not, they did let me know.

Once in I only got 3 messages a day (which is hard to do when people replied) and subsequent now my time is up I can't even access that forum from the phone I used to register, and I was nice 😆

Anyway, we get some real 🔔🔚 on here from other clubs, could we not have something similar?

I for one can't be bothered with them, although I did quite enjoy a bit of banter with lowlife 😂

Kinda pointless really, much as it would be nicer to have a stricter account creator and all if people want to ****post then they are going to find a way to do.

End of the day I would much rather have better mods who do their jobs and, say, might introduce a rule that states something like 'Coming here to post about how you support another club and how Norwich is **** is against the rules and will result in a ban'

Think that would be a good idea beacause we do tend to get those kinds of threads from time to time and despite them being compeltly pointless and nothing be toxic and negative I have no idea why the mods even allow them. Looking at the Dumbass Brighton fan who is posting on here for example.

Don't see why the mods just don't ban them and delete those kind of threads as soon as they are seen.

It's a world of free speech. 

You may not agree with what they say / post but they are entitled to say it. 

I agree it's frustrating without a reasoned argument to back their view, but just ignore / block if you don't like. 

It's not just visitors who support other teams that post 5hite on here. 

Edited by Greavsy

Some opposition fans make a good contribution, there was that Villa fan the other day who just wanted to discuss what we thought of Buendia. Cant see how that makes this forum worse. The wind up merchants never hang around long. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I doubt that Archant have the time or money to implement such a policy, to be honest. 

My guess is that the Villa forum is run by fans who do it as volunteers?

Villanteers?.....