3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

He played well today, but I thought Brandon Williams was right up there as one of our top performers today. 

Despite being at fault for both goals? 

I'm on the fence with Rashica. He played well at times, but we need to see that translate to actual goals. He failed to put in an obvious through ball to Pukki today which would have been a tap-in, instead opting to pass out wide (leading to a decent-enough shot from outside the box by Lees-Milou, which was saved). Too early to judge yet, but he's got a lot to prove to justify comparisons with Buendia.

He's not alone though. I don't think any of players is really setting the league alight just yet. With a couple of exceptions (e.g Aarons, Krul), none of our players have really proved they deserve a regular start, and I'd include Todd in that. Time to give Tzolis and Sargent starts, if fit, I think. I'd also like to see Sorensen get a chance at DM too, assuming we haven't signed someone by then.

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I have to say that so far I’m more in the “he’s ok”camp rather than being massively impressed, but it’s still early doors.  Some seem to be easily impressed by a winger (eg Onel) but I expect a bit more end product.  Hopefully it’ll come.  People will say it’s a tad harsh but totally fair imo.

Agree with this, BP. He's had a few exciting moments but it's still early days, with 0 goals and 0 assists.

Most importantly, he hasn't really developed an understanding with Pukki. Apart from one chipped pass from Cantwell vs Liverpool, he hasn't really been fed through on goal.

7 hours ago, The Bunny said:

Despite being at fault for both goals? 

I'm on the fence with Rashica. He played well at times, but we need to see that translate to actual goals. He failed to put in an obvious through ball to Pukki today which would have been a tap-in, instead opting to pass out wide (leading to a decent-enough shot from outside the box by Lees-Milou, which was saved). Too early to judge yet, but he's got a lot to prove to justify comparisons with Buendia.

He's not alone though. I don't think any of players is really setting the league alight just yet. With a couple of exceptions (e.g Aarons, Krul), none of our players have really proved they deserve a regular start, and I'd include Todd in that. Time to give Tzolis and Sargent starts, if fit, I think. I'd also like to see Sorensen get a chance at DM too, assuming we haven't signed someone by then.

He was certainly at fault with the first. Tbh, Gilmour shoulders the majority of blame for the 2nd. Once he had dived in (unnecessarily imo, out on the touchline) then we were in trouble. 

14 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

V Arsenal : Tzolis-Sargent-Rashica. Any body against that?.Nothing against Pukki whatsoever,but this must be a viable try.

I agree, you can bully and get at their young team like others do to us. I'd go back to 4321 for this game

Sorenson McLean

Tzolis Cantwell Rashica

Sargent

Let them cause them problems then when their defense tires a bit bring Pukki on and start threading those through balls. 

26 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I agree, you can bully and get at their young team like others do to us. I'd go back to 4321 for this game

Sorenson McLean

Tzolis Cantwell Rashica

Sargent

Let them cause them problems then when their defense tires a bit bring Pukki on and start threading those through balls. 

Tzolis probably won't be fit - it's on the front page. 

38 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Tzolis probably won't be fit - it's on the front page. 

Yeah I've just seen that. A massive shame. Aren't we due a tremendous amount of luck or are we paying the karmic price for the Lambert years? 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I have to say that so far I’m more in the “he’s ok”camp rather than being massively impressed, but it’s still early doors.  Some seem to be easily impressed by a winger (eg Onel) but I expect a bit more end product.  Hopefully it’ll come.  People will say it’s a tad harsh but totally fair imo.

Right with you. A lot of people get excited by running fast as a winger but is pretty pointless if you can't do anything at the end of it. I'd rather have snodgrass still who has an awesome delivery then plachetta whose quick as f..k but don't know how to kick a ball properly 

10 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Agree with this, BP. He's had a few exciting moments but it's still early days, with 0 goals and 0 assists.

All out players have 0 assists, only pukki has scored sadly, would've been McLean scored too but someone wanted to swap shirts with kasper a bit too soon 😔

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Right with you. A lot of people get excited by running fast as a winger but is pretty pointless if you can't do anything at the end of it. I'd rather have snodgrass still who has an awesome delivery then plachetta whose quick as f..k but don't know how to kick a ball properly 

The problem we have is when Rachica is full of running it tends to be in the first half. In the first half yesterday everytime we broke quickly there only ever seemed to be Pukki in the box. Why would you ping a ball into the box when there as 3 giants stood near Pukki? You’d be better off recycling the ball. But that then brings another problem, our midfield is too slow to make the most of the second wave attack.

I think Rachica will improve as his fitness improved and when we finally get this DM in so we can attack with confidence.

• Like 1