Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Tzolis and Sargent injured, Mumba out

All taken from todays Farke thingiemaboby thingie. You know the drill, any chages I will update this post.

'Tzolis has had calf problems since the last game. We'll assess it in the next 24 hours to see if he's available. "Minor question mark behind Sargent, who is struggling with some glute problems, but I'm carefully optimistic he will be available.

Bali will miss the game. He dislocated his knee from a bad tackle in the last game. I hope he can return after the international break. "Placheta is still struggling after his Covid infection, so we expect him back after the break.'

Just now, Costessey Posse said:

glute problems?

Your bum, literally. Three different sets of muscles, the gluteus minimus, gluteus medius and gluteus maximus, which is the biggest one by far and is literally your bum. 

• Like 1

So pleased for Mumba given that Farke was heavily hinting it was serious.  Going to be a hell of a player. 

Edited by Mr.Carrow

9 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

So pleased for Mumba given that Farke was heavily hinting it was serious.  Going to be a hell of a player. 

If he's suggesting it's minor then hopefully something is lost in translation as dislocated kneecaps are serious things (remember Ronaldo for example).

Patellar instability (where the kneecap has a tendency to come out but snap back in on its own) can be quite the long term problem too. 

I think there is a bit of convenient truth in this. I’m sure both are a little sore after their first 90 minutes following a couple of weeks since they last got that with their former teams. Especially Tzolis who hasn’t played since his last Maga me in greece, which must have been 3 weeks ago?

Farke also talking up Pukki at the end and his sharpness just suggests that there is a bit of expectation management going on. Tzolis looked good, but parts of our fan base need to get it out of their heads he should start as that is the only possible way we win on Saturday, that’s a huge amount of expectation and I imagine his form to be fairly mixed as he gets up to speed, it’s why 20 minutes off the bench would be the perfect next step. Same with Sargent, we should be encouraged that he already looks a better striker than Drimic, but to bin our most experienced striker who we know can cut it at this level could be missing a trick to get Pukki up to speed a firing. 

For me, if the scores are level or we are chasing a 1 goal deficit, then 60 minutes would be a great time to bring Tzolis and Sargent on, the buzz around the ground would be huge and it’s enough time to have an impact without putting the responsibility of getting a result as a starter on them yet. 

5 hours ago, Banjoman said:

If he's suggesting it's minor then hopefully something is lost in translation as dislocated kneecaps are serious things (remember Ronaldo for example).

Patellar instability (where the kneecap has a tendency to come out but snap back in on its own) can be quite the long term problem too. 

Well he said he should be back after the international break which I presume means no ligament damage.  I agree about patellar instability though, it doesn't bode well although could be a one-off from the kind of impact maybe?

• Like 1