Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Hats off

Got to say it, and I am one to have a go at Delia and the board for not spending, or when we sold Emi for what I felt was too low, but well done NCFC 

Good window, shame about Emi but still

Contract for farke 

Money spent on young players who are well thought of, you can't really say we have tried this on cheap. Players have been bought for actual money! 

Love that max is still here, good man.

Roll on Saturday

So yeah, just want to say how well Norwich have done in this window. I think it's important and fair that I praise them when they are active like this, especially as I'm quick to put the boot in sometimes.

• Like 5

Well said.. agree with all that*

Did somebody say we still desperately need a competitive CB and CDM? If not...

...we still need a competitive CB and CDM.

EDIT *other than to add this time round the spending is not really surprising, & i don't understand how we could possibly have done anything similar 2 years ago. Other than that small point, I agree! and applaud the post 

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Got to say it, and I am one to have a go at Delia and the board for not spending, or when we sold Emi for what I felt was too low, but well done NCFC 

Good window, shame about Emi but still

Contract for farke 

Money spent on young players who are well thought of, you can't really say we have tried this on cheap. Players have been bought for actual money! 

Love that max is still here, good man.

Roll on Saturday

So yeah, just want to say how well Norwich have done in this window. I think it's important and fair that I praise them when they are active like this, especially as I'm quick to put the boot in sometimes.

Lets hang on a minute. Fees paid are no indication of how well anyone at the club has done yet. We may well have spent money on some players but let’s see how they shape up first. I very much doubt we are paying anywhere near top wages in this league which means that the players who have signed were not at the top of anyone else’s shopping list. 

now we may have signed a whole fleet of Emi’s as let’s face it who’d really heard of any of these multi million buys. Or we may have signed a gaggle of wolfswinkles, who nobody had ever heard of either, and of course we wish we never had. 

I will reserve judgement before I sing the praises of our board and remind you that we had to sell our best play to sign these others!

Assuming Tzolis is announced soon, I'd say we're a CDM and CB away from quite possibly an almost perfect window with the only blemish of course losing Emi

Do we still think that Max and Todd will be here come September? I'm 50/50 on both. Although it looks like we have the Todd-replacements now (incoming), it's not there for Max yet is it?

I really can't see us landing Raschida AND Tzolis yet still keeping Todd...I hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, spencer 1970 said:

Do we still think that Max and Todd will be here come September? I'm 50/50 on both. Although it looks like we have the Todd-replacements now (incoming), it's not there for Max yet is it?

I really can't see us landing Raschida AND Tzolis yet still keeping Todd...I hope I'm wrong. 

Mumba, although not quite at Max's level is a good future replacement. 

I'd certainly say the club don't need to sell and it doesn't seem there's been anything concrete from Villa on Todd yet. The comments before were we were looking to sign Tzolis and keep Todd so don't think he's a replacement.

I think it's likely both will stay but will be allowed to leave if we get relegated

• Like 1

Feels a good window so far and hopefully more signings to come.

I'll remain very nervous until that window slams shut and Cantwell and Aarons stay here.

Probably a bit of pressure on Farke to keep us up now as I would imagine there will be a pretty severe hit to finances should we get relegated.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Assuming Tzolis is announced soon, I'd say we're a CDM and CB away from quite possibly an almost perfect window with the only blemish of course losing Emi

How on earth do you think we would have afforded the players we've signed without selling Emi?

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

How on earth do you think we would have afforded the players we've signed without selling Emi?

Not really the point my post is making, I happen to think we've reinvested the money very well so far but it's still sad we've lost Emi

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

Not really the point my post is making, I happen to think we've reinvested the money very well so far but it's still sad we've lost Emi

Obviously time will tell, but it really looks to me that we've sacrificed our best player to make the team better overall. If that turns out to be true then I won't miss Buendia at all. It's only if it all falls apart that we'll see it as a mistake. Sadly our finances dictate that we can't have both so we've taken the pragmatic approach.

• Like 1