Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Looking at the run Cardiff are on...

I'd say we played them at the perfect time, old Mick appears to have gotten them firing and back in the mix for the play offs. Can't help but think this is great news for us with Brentford, Watford and Swansea still to have to play them. Hopefully the same will happen with Bristol City, another side out of the way with 6 points in the bag! 

Agreed - Cardiff's form since the old dour Yorkshireman went in has been sensational. Barnsley are on a hell of a run as well.

Would love to see Bournemouth and Watford both miss out (but the latter have already accumulated their way to enough points for the play offs barring a major collapse). 

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - Cardiff's form since the old dour Yorkshireman went in has been sensational. Barnsley are on a hell of a run as well.

Would love to see Bournemouth and Watford both miss out (but the latter have already accumulated their way to enough points for the play offs barring a major collapse). 

Im hoping that by the time we play Barnsley again everything will be tied up in a nice promotion coloured bow, however I wouldn't want to have to go there needing anything, especially if they need a win to make the play offs! 

Realistically Swansea and Watford should be pretty much safe and dry. Only 7 points between 5th and 9th though. Bristol and Stoke could move to 9 points off 5th with wins.

Barnsley have two games in hand over Reading and Cardiff and one over Bournemouth. They could be a dark horse in this race. If results go their way they could be on 57 points and two points off Swansea and 3 of Watford. It just takes a bit of a wobble from either of them.

Not sure when the games start to level out either. It's why I think the next 8 games are vitally important for us. Bar QPR, every team in our last five fixtures could be pushing for a play off spot or automatics.

11 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think playing Cardiff twice before McCarthy and Brizzle twice before Pearson was very good for us.

I agree about Cardiff. Don’t forget that when we put in that magnificent performance away at Bristol City, they were above us in the table.

• Like 2

I haven’t watched any of their games, are they lumping it just lumping it forward or playing it on the ground?