Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Coventry predictions

They have an evil run of games coming up now and no first choice full backs to pick against us. Repeat of Saturday coming up and an improving goal difference, 4.1 win. 

They can create chances and play some nice stuff so we'll do well to clean-sheet against them. Maybe put Barden back in net? 😉

Seriously, I think it'll be quite close. Robins will be fired up as manager to get something out of us and he'll want a reaction to that defeat. If they score first I think we'll do well to get a point, if we score first I think we could end up with something similar to the cup-tie where we're dominant for some time, but they come on hard later on.

I can see one of those 3-1 wins where they're not out of it.

We should definitely look to take advantage of this little run of games and get points in the bank.  Matches against lower sides aren’t necessarily easy, but we and they are where we are for a reason.  I’ll go for 2-0.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

They can create chances and play some nice stuff so we'll do well to clean-sheet against them. Maybe put Barden back in net? 😉

Seriously, I think it'll be quite close. Robins will be fired up as manager to get something out of us and he'll want a reaction to that defeat. If they score first I think we'll do well to get a point, if we score first I think we could end up with something similar to the cup-tie where we're dominant for some time, but they come on hard later on.

I can see one of those 3-1 wins where they're not out of it.

They’ll struggle with no Dabo or McCallum to contain Todd and Emi. Pukki should be licking his lips. 

Yesterday’s victory will be a massive boost for the side considering how poor we’d been recently - no goals in 4, hardly any shots on target. Although every game is winnable for both sides, I think we all believe we stand quite a good chance in our next 4 games v Coventry, Rotherham, Birmingham, and Wycombe. If we do manage to achieve win them all, we will have 70pts at the end of this month and will be on a 5 game winning streak for our first March fixture which I think you know is against Brentford. 

We can’t be certain that we will achieve that but after yesterday’s win I would say a 2-0 win against Coventry