Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn on Monday

I hope this doesn't herald the second coming of Christ as he will have the right hump when he sees what we have done with the place. 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Relentless dark grey skies today. I doubt I'll get to see anything. 

And that just reflects today's grim news Herman. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Relentless dark grey skies today. I doubt I'll get to see anything. 

It will still be viewable for several more days, although not with the exact alignment of today. It was an excellent view yesterday. You will need binos to distinguish between the two planets otherwise it's just one very bright spot of light. I also highly recommend the site: https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/uk/london It has a really good app on there enabling you to follow the changes in the night sky by the minute (In this case click on the Jupiter symbol). Jupiter will have disappeared beneath the horizon by 6pm, so its looking like tomorrow for a chance to see it.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2020 at 09:00, dylanisabaddog said:

Sadly we can't even see the other side of the valley tonight, so Jupiter and Saturn.......

But hopefully as @horsefly has pointed out  we may be luckier later in the week although the forecasts aren't very optimistic - par for the course it seems at the moment 🙄

Weather much better so we may get to see it. Or some of it. Just need to bulldoze a few of the neighbour's houses. 😀