Matt Juler

Where are the banners?

End of last season we had banners to cover most of the lower tiers, including the Justin Fashanu tribute one in the River End. This season we've just had row after row of empty seats so far. Anyone know why they're not being used again? 

I thought that a few weeks ago but considered maybe it was a Premier League thing but then again they must be stashed away somewhere. Hardly of any use to Sky or another club.

The are good to see at all grounds. 

They also serve a practical purpose, in ball retrieval, as it stops them 'vanishing' between then seats. 

Maybe we should start with them on, then taken them off when we are goal up! 

Seems fairly clear it was a PL thing, looks better than empty seats when selling games to those foreign viewers.

I can only think that putting out the banners and then removing them is a giant pain in the **** and that is why they haven't been doing it. 

8 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Seems fairly clear it was a PL thing, looks better than empty seats when selling games to those foreign viewers.

I can only think that putting out the banners and then removing them is a giant pain in the **** and that is why they haven't been doing it. 

Maybe the banner installers have been furloughed by the Club ? 😜

I asked this a couple of weeks ago.   It may have been a PL ‘thing’ but the things were still made and must be somewhere - seems odd/a shame they aren’t being used.

I wondered the same . I drove past the ground a few weeks back and several  banners were laid out on the concourse outside  at the back of the South Stand. I was expecting to see them for the following home game - but they didn’t materialise ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard