Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Would football be included in new lockdown?

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we were permitted to continue playing football by the government, I would ask the players in my team if they wished to continue playing or not. My view is that if our best scientific advisors have said it's okay to continue playing, I'd be happy for my team to do so if they wanted to.

Think this is the bit that SKY believe means only elite sports.

• People are being told to stay at home unless they have a specific reason to leave, such as work which cannot be done from home and education
  • People are allowed to exercise outdoors alone, with their household or with one other person

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Think this is the bit that SKY believe means only elite sports.

• People are being told to stay at home unless they have a specific reason to leave, such as work which cannot be done from home and education
  • People are allowed to exercise outdoors alone, with their household or with one other person

Yes, that makes sense. One assumes that grassroots football will be halted for the duration of the lockdown, thanks for clarifying.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yes, that makes sense. One assumes that grassroots football will be halted for the duration of the lockdown, thanks for clarifying.

Can’t say 100% but the little yellow bar on SKY ( had to wait to get the exact words ) says ‘ Elite Sports will continue but amateur sports will be put on hold ‘.

Just now, Well b back said:

Can’t say 100% but the little yellow bar on SKY ( had to wait to get the exact words ) says ‘ Elite Sports will continue but amateur sports will be put on hold ‘.

Seems pretty definitive to me. 

Im glad there will be more fotball. 

Its a bit depresing now, so nice to have somthing to look forward to. (Braking rutine with a game is nice)

5 minutes ago, Olano said:

Its a bit depresing now, so nice to have somthing to look forward to. (Braking rutine with a game is nice)

Good job we are playing well may not of been so exciting then.

20 minutes ago, Olano said:

Yes you are right. Perhaps an increase in players testing positive might bring a halt to proceedings but for now we still have football to look forward to.

Plus I can ride my bike on quiet roads again.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Projected figures that deaths could rise during this second wave to 4,000 a day and some on here are concerned about football continuing.

Shakes head.

In a country of 360 million and 80,000 new cases a day the US is at 1,000 deaths per day, so that projection seems wildly out of whack with reality. And it is doing very little sociaL distancing, has schools and universities open and bars and restaurants and sports stadiums open at 25% capacity - unlike what the UK will now do. 

Yes there are States that are more restrictive, California is one example, but in those states the situation is much better than what I outlined above, i.e. the US worst case is much less than that projection.