Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

One of the most abject, pathetic performances of my supporting lifetime

5 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

There's much criticism of the club's recruitment, is this solely a lack of ambition or is it a case of the better players not wanting to come to Norwich? 

I think our general template is to sign 'young and hungry' players on their way up the pyramid. Generally speaking, the players who joined us from 'big' clubs haven't adapted so well (Amadou from Sevilla, Roberts from Man City, Fahrmann from Schalke, Drmic from Moenchengladbach). You could even argue Leitner, who played at Dortmund and Lazio, falls into the same category.

So yeah, I think players from bigger/better clubs don't usually see Norwich as an attractive career move, and those that come from bigger/better clubs are less likely to succeed here (certainly in the Webber era, anyway).

14 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

There's much criticism of the club's recruitment, is this solely a lack of ambition or is it a case of the better players not wanting to come to Norwich? 

Enough players from Leeds saw as a step up over recent years...

12 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

And who could forget Phil Hubbard?

Didn't he go on to play for Cambridge City fc? There was a player of that name playing for the Lilywhites.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Enough players from Leeds saw as a step up over recent years...

The likes of Howson, Snodgrass and Johnson saw Norwich as a better bet to play to the PL and they were right.