Bill

Club accounts - 'expert' help needeb

So does this have anything to do with the bond issue? Or is it just more obsession with other people's money?

Hopefully, after we come through the other side of this pandemic, football will be less obsessed with other people's money. If you get sick it won't save you....

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

The penny is beginning to drop with some of you. Phillips and T Smith acquired those 100 shares a piece at the nominal price of £1 per share. I paid £25 per share for my 1,000 shares. The 4 directors including 2 now ex directors have received £21,000 in interest from this scheme. That does not include the  2 Webber who also subscribed or presumably Phillips partner who likewise participated. In my opinion the very least they can do when claiming to have made donations to the NHS is to have made contributions from their own pocket beyond whatever they received. 

Where have you obtained the information that Webber, Ward and Philips partner invested ?

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

The penny is beginning to drop with some of you. Phillips and T Smith acquired those 100 shares a piece at the nominal price of £1 per share. I paid £25 per share for my 1,000 shares. The 4 directors including 2 now ex directors have received £21,000 in interest from this scheme. That does not include the  2 Webber who also subscribed or presumably Phillips partner who likewise participated. In my opinion the very least they can do when claiming to have made donations to the NHS is to have made contributions from their own pocket beyond whatever they received. 

TeemuVanBasten?

To TIL on the wall in the reception at Colney is a full list of all bondholders.

To Hillhead. The last time I attended Portman Road was with the Cod Army to celebrate Fleetwood 1-0 win the night before another magnificent one at Spurs.

Interesting to note that Kings Lynn players reward for a hopefully promotion season will be a 20 per cent cut in wages as opposed to a 45 per cent bonus. What a pity Alan Shearer doesn't salute that.

Question to those of you who are NCFC shareholders. Shareholding attracts a free membership, If you are a season ticket holder do you get a 35 pound discount on your ticket?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Question to those of you who are NCFC shareholders. Shareholding attracts a free membership, If you are a season ticket holder do you get a 35 pound discount on your ticket?

No.

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yeah Rickyyyyy, you ask them.

And could you also ask how much Watling walleted (for a friend)?

Surely you could get Crafty to ask his bro Nutty as he apparently knows how much Watling walleted ?

On 16/04/2020 at 18:09, Bill said:

This relates to the club furlough thread - but I thought it get lost there - and not attract the accountant typs

I've had a stab at it and came up with an annual figure of £292,000 - however if ant one can clarify what is the figure I think that would help - as the idea is to see what this would cost the club to do the 'homourable' thing.

As a supporter of long  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire standing (and some sitting) I am against the club doing this as it does not show appreciation to all those 'lesser souls' at the club. Yes they will get the money but in should be in a wage packet (yes I know) that is completely yellow and green. And I dread to think where this puts in the holier than thou position with regard to the binners

https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/AR2019.pdf

Could folks only use this to explain the accounts if they know, and use the Telegraph thread to continue that discussion, ta

I suspect it wasn’t an easy choice. The perception for me is that it looks greedy and opportunistic, we may be poorly funded as a EPL team but we are by choice  part of that world where millions of pounds are talked of as confetti, our choice is made to look worse by clubs like Bournemouth.

Edited by seluzerkharix

I think is is a Mr Micawber question, and while the money maybe in abundance like confetti, it is not being thrown around like confetti.

It is already committed, and as it stands looks like there not being enough to meet those commitments.

Unlike clubs which do have other sources of income, we don't

If I earned £10,000 per week and £10, 000 was needed to meet bills etc then how much better am I to deal with an extra call on me for money than a man earning £100 a week who has a wealthy relative who can lend him money when needed ?