Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Teemu

Teemu has 9 PL goals this season. That’s the same number as Sadio Mane and Mo Salah of Liverpool, Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling of Manchester City, Harry Kane of Spurs and Danny Ings of Southampton.

When you consider the chances many of those players get by virtue of the quality of the teams they are in it shows what a player Teemu is.

We may well receive substantial offers for him in the summer especially if we go down.

Teemu may be one of the best strikers/forwards I've ever seen at the club.

Give him a through ball to run on to and you just know he's going to have a good chance of converting it. So clinical.

Just the fact that he'll be 30 next season may be what brings his price down but I wouldn't be surprised if we get offers for him and not just from Prem teams!

Money talks Lake District canary I don’t want him to leave but if city receive a good offer you know city will except it otbc

I think most players are replaceable in the game. But every now and again, a unique one will come along. His name is putting NCFC on the map internationally and commercially too. Webber and Farke will know his value to the team far exceeds the lesser fee a near 30 year old striker will command. I would say he’s the least likely player to be sold. He’s a very rare commodity, and irreplaceable. 

Edited by Alex Moss
Missing word

Lakey how do you know what you have said about Teemu and his family ect is true ? Not saying it isn’t just intrigued as I speak to many of the players during a month and they will tell you they have little say on where they will be in the future. They also look at their own futures and should we go down Teemu will maybe get one last shot at playing CL football with a top club for one last time. 

He is almost 30 and his value really depends on what people will pay to achieve their ambitions. Villa value him ( and according to Birmingham media expect to have a good chance ) at £12m. If in January Harry Kane, Abraham’s or another top 6 main striker gets a long term injury then his value rockets as he could earn them 10’s of millions in Champions League qualification money alone.

Would you like to be the one that says now then Mr Pukki you are earning £18K a week in the Championship ( which makes you the highest earner in the division ) but Chelsea want to pay you £70000 per week. They are also offering you Champions League football and no worries of a Relegation clause as you won’t go down. However we know you and your family are very happy here so we have told them you are not interested.

Many said Maddison would never move and we would never sell him. Leicester took a chance and gambled, Spurs and Man Utd probably now wish they had. Everyone has a price or a situation where they would want to move for their own personal stability and financial future. If he was 25 he would be moving in January for crazy money, as he is almost 30 and not English the price on his head will be much lower unless you are desperate ( which is often the case in January ).

Please don’t take this as I think our players should be sold but unless you are Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man City there is always a bigger club hovering around your best players and there comes a price where the deal has to be done, maguire and Mahrez being good examples.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He's our player.  No need to cash in on him, no need to sell him, he's under contract, he likes it here, he's in the best form of his career, his family like it here.....

Yes, of course. Nobody here is suggesting we'd WANT to sell him. The OP said we may get offers for him. So did I. We might. Doesn't mean he'll go anywhere!

Someone else came back with a comment of his age being why we'd sell him. I don't agree with that. My point was more about the fact that he'd be 30 in the summer, therefore we wouldn't get a mega money deal for him (most likely). Personally, I wouldn't want him to go, regardless of what league we're playing in.

• Like 1