JayNCFC

Playoffs - I'm Excited

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Once again, Derby have NOT overspent this season, they have significantly  cut back. One reason why Rowett jumped ship.

To be fair, I was referring to the last 5 years, not just last year. Cutting back could mean going from 150% wages to turnover to just 110%, that would still be overspending, just less so and as glory... Points out, they have just sold their ground for nearly twice the independent market valuation which does imply some concern there (and still only led to a 14m profit this year)...

16 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Controversial, but, I would like to see WBA win them. I want villa to feel the force of FFP, derby have tried to spend their way out for the last 5 years, Leeds is Leeds, Boro are boring. West brom have not sorted out the issues which saw them circling the plug hole for the seasons before they got relegated so I would imagine would struggle next year more than any of the other realistic candidates (I think brizzle are out of it) so should make it easier for us to stay up...

Pretty much agree with this.

My first choice would have been Bristol City but that looks pretty unlikely at this point.

Good news is only one of the four clubs entering the playoffs can go up. Three will remain to face the FFP music. Shame 🤣

Whoever wins the playoffs is at a considerable disadvantage. Players will not sign on for that team until the playoffs final has been decided. That means two or three weeks behind the two clubs who know they are promoted. 

Won't here the last of it from the media if Terry or Lampard make it to TP

Leeds or West Brom 3rd and 4th deserve it over the season

Probably fairest to everyone if WBA went up, they can't have fallen foul of FFP,  and are also a decent club. It would be great to see Leeds, Villa, Derby and Middlesbro face a proper financial reckoning. On the other hand, Derby would probably be the weakest of these teams if they were promoted, and would have to spend big time to stay there. Lampard the media darling if they do go up. 

With Derby drawing tonight that must have established Middlesbrough as favorites. Derby now have to beat WBA as Middlesbrough should be beating Rotherham even though it's away. Bristol would need Derby to lose, Middlesbrough not to win and then win at Hull.

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

With Derby drawing tonight that must have established Middlesbrough as favorites. Derby now have to beat WBA as Middlesbrough should be beating Rotherham even though it's away. Bristol would need Derby to lose, Middlesbrough not to win and then win at Hull.

doesn´t seem to have done

maybe Middlesbrough worth a punt?