Sign in to follow this  
GladAllOver

Palace fan in peace

Hi guys congrats on your promotion – I have a number of Norwich mates so have been rooting for you throughout the season. Plus any club that helps to keep Horrible Leeds away from the EPL has got to get my vote!

Also good to see another proper (non-plastic) football club back and the best of luck for next season (apart from when you play Palace of course!)

Btw be interesting to see if your owners learn from the Fulham versus Cardiff approach. Money can buy you a lot…but not always

Enjoy!!!

• Like 3

Thanks!

Though our owners have no money so I don’t think the Fulham approach was ever going to be an option!

Thanks buddy - no danger of us going Fulham route. I expect our recruitment will be pretty good but inexpensive - our Director of Football (Webber) is top notch and finds unbelievable value.

Edited by kick it off

Cheers. Have enjoyed Palace's performances this season, and that Townsend goal of course! Hope for your sake you can keep the squad together - I see a few are attracting covetous glances...

17 minutes ago, GladAllOver said:

Hi guys congrats on your promotion – I have a number of Norwich mates so have been rooting for you throughout the season. Plus any club that helps to keep Horrible Leeds away from the EPL has got to get my vote!

Also good to see another proper (non-plastic) football club back and the best of luck for next season (apart from when you play Palace of course!)

Btw be interesting to see if your owners learn from the Fulham versus Cardiff approach. Money can buy you a lot…but not always

Enjoy!!!

Cheers mate. Pleased to see more people outside Leeds who really can’t be done with that vile arrogant lot. Apparently every supporter from every club in the Premier League can’t wait for them to come back. LOL. Look forward to seeing you at Selhurst and Carrow next season, cheers for kind words and best of luck from a canary to an eagle 👍

23 minutes ago, GladAllOver said:

Enjoy!!!

Thank you Gladys

And I think some up here will be glad when it is all over - if only that there will be a good deal less nail biting and heart palputations (and hiding behind the sofa).

As to the approach I would suggest ours is a more 'holistic' approach that does not necessarily rely upon the supposed talent of the player - more their application and attitude. The later being what has caused so many of our signings to improve so well since they have been here.

Not only identifying good prospects but knowing that they have the drive to succeed. Something it appears man Utd are currently suffering the opposite of."Why kill yourself when you can pick up another lucrative contract elsewhere " seems to be their problem.

Something Souness said the other day struck a chord. His words were roughly that Ronnie Moran would tell them just as they ran out "just be better than your man, work harder than they do". Sound advice that I had drummed into me way back when playing.

Watch City players when they are battling to win the ball back. Watch young Aarons who can go toe to toe physically with the best.  The dodgy penalty (Wigan) given against  Godfrey was due to him and others throwing themselves in the way of a shot.

It is that unity and sense of teamwork that has got us this far and I doubt that will be ripped up by signing a load of over priced 'stars' when we are in the PL.

We're not quite over the line yet, gladallover, but thanks for the sentiments.  If as it looks like, we go up, we will be carrying on as we have been, building from within and clever recruitment policy, not spending millions.  Daniel Farke is about as cool a customer there is as a manager and he - combined with Sporting director Webber - will give us the best possible chance of doing well.