Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ref on Monday

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No doubt another ref being parachuted in for the day to further scupper our promotion bid...

I don't think so GJL, in reality we have suffered from bad refereeing in general rather than bias. The free kick in the last minute on Friday wasn't exactly clear cut, but we got it....

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I don't think so GJL, in reality we have suffered from bad refereeing in general rather than bias. The free kick in the last minute on Friday wasn't exactly clear cut, but we got it...

If ever a free kick was 'bought' by a player , this was it. The defender was at fault , but Mario stepped across him to be fouled . Well played Mario, there is a cuteness in this scenario that has not been evident in our last few games, draw the foul and reorganise, something we did quite a lot earlier in the season, to good effect.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If ever a free kick was 'bought' by a player , this was it. The defender was at fault , but Mario stepped across him to be fouled . Well played Mario, there is a cuteness in this scenario that has not been evident in our last few games, draw the foul and reorganise, something we did quite a lot earlier in the season, to good effect.

Can't argue with that analysis wcork, but have seen plenty of those not given.

I was hoping you were going to say that instead of an actual referee, we were doing a matchday refereeing experience for the local blind community.  Would be preferable.

Edited by Orly
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Can't argue with that analysis wcork, but have seen plenty of those not given.

For Sure Dazzo, Its 50/50 scenario, Mario could just as easily have been penalised for it. There's a reason coaches yell 'stand him , stand him, dont dive in' .....remember Leroy Fer v Man u penalty incident, i got a bit of Teddy on here for saying Fer was at fault rather than the Man u Player diving... if the defender doesnt  dive in then there's no leg out to fall over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I don't think so GJL, in reality we have suffered from bad refereeing in general rather than bias. The free kick in the last minute on Friday wasn't exactly clear cut, but we got it....

Exactly this. There is no bias or plan to stop us getting promoted. There is simply poor refereeing decisions that happen both ways. Leeds and Sheff Utd are likely to 'get' more iffy decisions in the opposition half / penalty box due to the fact that they are likely to be attacking more and spending more time in the penalty box than their opposition, just like we are.

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

For Sure Dazzo, Its 50/50 scenario, Mario could just as easily have been penalised for it. There's a reason coaches yell 'stand him , stand him, dont dive in' .....remember Leroy Fer v Man u penalty incident, i got a bit of Teddy on here for saying Fer was at fault rather than the Man u Player diving... if the defender doesnt  dive in then there's no leg out to fall over.

Mario is the consummate pro, he knows what he's doing pretty much at all times, to win the free kick, then edge the ball back a couple of yards and then deliver that free kick is genius. I agree with your dive in point wholeheartedly as well, if you dive in on a player like Mario, he's going to go down that way every time, and get the decision often enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Mario is the consummate pro, he knows what he's doing pretty much at all times, to win the free kick, then edge the ball back a couple of yards and then deliver that free kick is genius. I agree with your dive in point wholeheartedly as well, if you dive in on a player like Mario, he's going to go down that way every time, and get the decision often enough.

Mario is sublime in his skill and vision. Does anyone know'' for sure'' the rule regarding moving the ball backwards to take a free kick, i know that in the defensive half of the pitch it is never an issue as moving it forward is seen as trying to gain advantage. i wonder if there is any mention in the rule book of the scenario ' a la Mario'.

WestCoasto...please note...a Pinkun Poster, other than yourself, trying to increase their knowledge  of the game. Thanks.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Mario is sublime in his skill and vision. Does anyone know'' for sure'' the rule regarding moving the ball backwards to take a free kick, i know that in the defensive half of the pitch it is never an issue as moving it forward is seen as trying to gain advantage. i wonder if there is any mention in the rule book of the scenario ' a la Mario'.

WestCoasto...please note...a Pinkun Poster, other than yourself, trying to increase their knowledge  of the game. Thanks.

I wonder if there is stat for expected yards moved back?