Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

What’s happened to Marshall ?

It didn't work for him at right back earlier in the season and Cantwell and Hernandez are ahead of him furtther forwards. Will have to prove himself in the cup game(s) imo, as Cantwell and Aarons did.  He may be quick, but maybe he hasn't shown enough that he will be effective to match what is required from a Farke team.  I'm not saying he isn't good enough - just that he needs to prove himself and that a cup game or two are his opportunity to make his claim.

Farke clearly doesnt fancy him....another marley watkins? , which is fair enough as I wouldnt imagine he was a Farke signing.

The writing was on the wall in the bournemouth cup game where a raft of changes were made in a squad which didnt have to comply with the honegrown rule but marshall wasnt even in the squad whilst passlack played right midfield.

Has probably only been in many matchday squads because of his passport.

If he somehow features against portsmouth would need to do something fairly spectacular!

Ben Marshall should be given a chance ahead of Cantwell IMO. 

Marshall is a proven player at this level, and his delivery is first class. 

Cantwell has looked tired in recent weeks, and has defensive flaws that need addressing. I hope Marshall is given a fair crack rather than being sold or loaned.