Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Boycott Cardiff Game.........Please.

I observe the message boards regularly but rarely post any messages, but does 1st wizard ever post anything than nonsensical rubbish and has he ever watched our beloved NCFC?

[quote]I observe the message boards regularly but rarely post any messages, but does 1st wizard ever post anything than nonsensical rubbish and has he ever watched our beloved NCFC?[/quote]

Typical KTF reply Tim.

I don''t normaly rise to ''bait'' like your post, but as you asked, I''ve been an ''active'' ie. go to games, fan since 1957, still going, despite heart attack 6 months ago.

You?.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again:

Boycotting games? Protesting at AGMs? NO NEEEEEEED.

My reason: as long as we are not coached properly we will lose games. If we continue to lose games, Worthington will be sacked.

All this can be achieved without any protests or OTT drastic action, which in my opinion, will make us look stupid in front of the entire football supporting nation.

No offence Wiz, just my opinion.

[quote]I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again: Boycotting games? Protesting at AGMs? NO NEEEEEEED. My reason: as long as we are not coached properly we will lose games. If we continue to lose games, Wor...[/quote]

Thats a valid point Mook, I wouldn''t argue too much against it, except to say, can we wait much longer?.

I really don''t know how much longer we can wait Wiz, I''ve wanted him out for a while but the thought of us getting a terrible replacement scares the wits out of me and sometimes it''s better the devil you know.

I think his position will become untenable pretty soon, and then it''s hasta la vista.

I just think that the rest of the world will see a well-run club, in the prem last year, protesting to get the manager out by boycotting games and protesting at AGMs as a little bit silly.

On a different note, I have wanted to apologise for a while - for crucifying you for saying that Burley was a better coach than Nigel!! It was about 2003 and we were doing pretty well by our circumstances, and it wasn''t long after Burley had steered Ipswich to ruin, so there''s my excuse.

But hey - here we are three years later and who would I like to see named as Nigel''s successor?

Burley. Sorry Wiz.

Its not a question of how long we fans will wait (my patiance clearly having run out a while ago) but how long with the board wait.  The impression I have is that there will be no change before Xmas no matter what happens although the board are well aware of the fans opinions. 

A consecutive 5th defeat, and 4th at home this season would be appalling.

OTBC 

At last, the wizards true colours.

Things aren''t going well, lets not go to the game. Are you sure you didn''t start supporting City 2 years ago?

And another thing, her name is not Smith. Its either Delia or Delia Smith. Show some respect to the person who saved the club I love

The team doing badly makes me want to go more rather than less. Show your team you support them in the bad times as well as good.

Also, a sense of perspective. We''re doing appallingly badly at the moment, but are still only 8 points off the play offs. Win tomorrow, and we could be mid table (and will leapfrog our blue and white friends for at least one day).

I echo the sentiments here. They''re my club, and I will support them no matter what league we''re in and how bad the situation is. Supporting the manager may be a different thing though. At the moment I still think Worthy will turn it around, but it needs to be soon.

[quote]At last, the wizards true colours. Things aren''t going well, lets not go to the game. Are you sure you didn''t start supporting City 2 years ago? And another thing, her name is not Smith. Its either ...[/quote]

Bly: Firstly learn to read my posts!.

Secondly, When Smith respects our wishes and sacks worthy, she will then be called Delia Smith, until then, Smith will be called Smith!.

[quote]The team doing badly makes me want to go more rather than less. Show your team you support them in the bad times as well as good. Also, a sense of perspective. We''re doing appallingly badly at the mo...[/quote]

Quote: "The team doing badly makes me want to go more rather than less. Show your team you support them in the bad times as well as good."

Me too - that''s one of the more positive things that a supporter can do.

Nobody is happy with the current situation, but I''m not in possession of all the facts (I doubt if many fans are) and therefore will not bring myself down to the negativity level of some posters who can only direct sarcastic (at best) comments at other supporters for daring to have an opinion.

I''m going to be there and am happy to be counted as a supporter.

[quote]Bly: Firstly learn to read my posts!. Secondly, When Smith respects our wishes and sacks worthy, she will then be called Delia Smith, until then, Smith will be called Smith!.[/quote]

Sorry Wiz.  You know, if you''ve read my posts, that I''m a Worthy out man but I can''t accept you denigration of Delia Smith because:

1)  It is a crucial issue that we show each other respect on this Board.  I posted in support of you when you were abused about your heart attack.  Respect show apply to those the subject of postings as well as authors. 

2)   Delia has expressed her views publically.  They are cogent and understandable even though I do not agree.  She is as entitled to an opinion as you or I and has the right to express them and act consistently with them.

3)   Delia saved our club from Chase and all that disaster that threatened.  She and Michael have spent a fortune on the club that far outweighs, even in percentage terms what most fans spend on the club.  Without their investment, there would be no Huckerby nor Ashton.  Fans not wanting their money back when it was due was a major source of the Ashton funding.  Delia deserves our respect and gratitude.  Unlike Chase, she has done it for the good of the club and not self engrandisment.

4)  You are better than that.

United in our love for City

[quote]Sorry Wiz. You know, if you''ve read my posts, that I''m a Worthy out man but I can''t accept you denigration of Delia Smith because: 1) It is a crucial issue that we show each other respect on this B...[/quote]

Of course you''re right Cambridge Canary, but Delia has really upset me, and I got ratty, pathetic really!.

I shouldn''t do that, but I''m so down with this Worthy lark, that sometimes things come from the heart and not the head. I desperatly want to see City back in the prem, but under Nigel, I know this won''t happen.

After my heart scare, I so looked forward to going to footy again, against Millwall, we were rubbish!, and have been worse since, Why oh why can''t Delia see this?.

She could end this managerment farce today, thats what gets my back up, because she won''t!

In reply to Wiz`s insults i have bn going since 1979 tho i suspect i am considerably younger than you as i wasnt born in 57, i also undertake a 544 mile round trip from North Wales to get to a home game! So please don`t doubt my commitment.

As regards what i feel about your negative comments, i too am doubting Worthys credentials at the moment but at what cost would it take to get rid of Worthy, maybe 1-2 million in compensation plus the cost of appointing a new manager, i certainly don`t have all the answers but im sure that boycotting the game 2moro night or abusing Delia at the AGM are not the answers to our current problems.

Personally i would like to see David Williams moved to assistant manager as that i think would be a positive step and maybe assist Worthy to turn things around, maybe he will do the decent thing and resign but lets hope its sooner rather than later, Burley or Ranieri would be more than welcome!!

i do laugh at the Ranieri suggestion... he was just minutes away from the champions league final with Chelski, and did well at Valencia too... although hes not working now why would he saw Europes Elite, rubbing shoulders with the best players in the world, and the chance of regular seasons in Europe for some sleepy English backwater he probably doesnt even know where it is

jas

I have one question and it''s not named at anyone in particular, why do people call themselves supporters, if they don''t support their team?

[quote]In reply to Wiz`s insults i have bn going since 1979 tho i suspect i am considerably younger than you as i wasnt born in 57, i also undertake a 544 mile round trip from North Wales to get to a home ga...[/quote]

Me insulting you Tim?, thats rich mate. However, lets not get into tit for tat posting, yes?.

You have raised one or two points which deserve answers, so here goes.

Moving Dave Williams to assistant manager is a non starter for me, as the main problem would still exist ie. Worthy.

I would love Burley here, I was advocating this some two years ago, see, even us two can agree on something!.

Not necessarily for you, but abusing Delia at the AGM is a no no in my book too, and again I must add, was never my idea!.

There is hope for the world.

[quote]For the sake of Norwich City''s future, boycott the Cardiff game............please!. There were approx 25,000 at today games, what kind of message does that send to Smith and Co. You have endorsed her...[/quote]

disgraceful.

I hear ya Wiz, but I will be there singing and wearing the yella tomorrow, sorry.  I have waited so long to be in a position to afford a season ticket and the one year I get one is the worst in our last 5, typical, but I will still be there.

[quote]disgraceful.[/quote]

disgraceful ...  or just a different point of view?

Most clubs are financially driven and it would make them sit up and take notice;  the club publically continue to play down the unrest as a handful of fans rather than a genuine concern felt by all yet I know the chairman has spoken to some individual fans to gain an insight so it is hitting home.   I am addicted so will not miss tonights game.

The clubs current public head in the sands approach is only inflaming concerned fans rather than soothing it - constantly blaming rumours on ''other clubs fans'' is immature and does not wash.  Yes some of the more sensationalist rumours can be dismissed (showers scenes that could be from the script of Footballers wives a recent example) but the level of unrest in the dressing room is there first not third hand and no cloak of invisibility will hide that.

OBC       

"Secondly, When Smith respects our wishes and sacks worthy, she will then be called Delia Smith, until then, Smith will be called Smith!.

For the clubs sake Delia, sack Worthy!."

Spot the cock-up...

[quote]"Secondly, When Smith respects our wishes and sacks worthy, she will then be called Delia Smith, until then, Smith will be called Smith!. For the clubs sake Delia, sack Worthy!." Spot the c...[/quote]

Oops!

The way I see it, you get one football club, and it has to last you a lifetime. There''s no other way. I care about the club, and I want to see us improve; I don''t think Worthy is the man to improve us, considering how our performances have been regressing in the past few months. But if I don''t go to the game, how can I criticise the performance?

The board aren''t stupid. They know that nobody was satisfied with the performance on Saturday, or indeed the previous three league games. They also know that blind faith in Worthington can''t last forever.

I hate soap operas, but in its own way supporting a football team is like a soap opera; sometimes the storylines are great, and you really feel the happiness and pride along with the actors; other times, some characters really annoy the hell out of you, the actors are bad, the script is a bit wonky... but you still keep watching all the same, because you know it''s all cyclic and eventually the ''bad guy'' will either turn good or he''ll get his comeuppance.

I''ll still be switching on at 7.45 tonight; the viewing figures do tend to fluctuate, but there will always be new recruits as the whole saga gets passed down from generation to generation. I just can''t bear not knowing what happens next, and I''m pretty sure most of you are the same... you couldn''t bear to miss an episode of BarclayEnders, could you?

I can''t be bothered to read all the post here but I get the gist. I think this is a pointless and futile gesture. Also, has anyone actually blamed the team for the recent slump? what is the new manager going to do? apart from perform miracles that is!

[quote]so did you boycott the game Wiz? If so could you please do it every week as it obviously did the trick.[/quote]

Yes I did boycott it Fillet, but sorry, I want to see the Luton game, as this will be a good match to judge City''s worth.

[quote]Yes I did boycott it Fillet, but sorry, I want to see the Luton game, as this will be a good match to judge City''s worth.[/quote]

Agree that the Luon game will see how much things have changed in those long yet short few weeks since kenilworth road.

Like the new signature Wiz - sums up what we are all about.

OTBC

Hey I feel sorry for anyone who decided not to go last night, because of our previous awful performances. But I was never in any doubt as to whether I was going or not because I could be pretty certain that if I didn''t go it would be the game which we turned in a magnificent performance and hammered someone. So I went last night and saw us win, yeah it wasn''t pretty but a win is a win.

[quote]Yes I did boycott it Fillet, but sorry, I want to see the Luton game, as this will be a good match to judge City''s worth.[/quote]

OMG !   He`s  changed AGAIN ! !