Sign in to follow this  
The Leathermans Stag

Overly Optimistic

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The sound of a scratched record is almost audible on this thread. Time to change the tune.[/quote]If you''re referring to me, Tilly, not a chance (and you could have just asked directly rather than being cryptic). Are you defending Waveney''s comments, and thus saying people should be allowed to go around accusing people of racism without being held to account for it? That''s a very dangerous precedent to set.[/quote]No not defending anything at all but there seems to be a campaign to keep him off this messageboard by yourself Wolfie . The thread so it appears has been deleted and Peter The Deleter who after all is the moderator around here took the action he deemed necessary so i see little point in continually bringing it up again and again and again.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The sound of a scratched record is almost audible on this thread. Time to change the tune.[/quote]If you''re referring to me, Tilly, not a chance (and you could have just asked directly rather than being cryptic). Are you defending Waveney''s comments, and thus saying people should be allowed to go around accusing people of racism without being held to account for it? That''s a very dangerous precedent to set.[/quote]No not defending anything at all but there seems to be a campaign to keep him off this messageboard by yourself Wolfie . The thread so it appears has been deleted and Peter The Deleter who after all is the moderator around here took the action he deemed necessary so i see little point in continually bringing it up again and again and again.[/quote]All I ask is for him to apologise for accusing me, various other individuals, and Norwich fans in general of racism, rather than just being inflammatory every time it''s mentioned. He''s pretty much gloating that he ''got away with it'', as if it''s something to be proud of. If the moderator tells me to stop bringing it up, I''ll stop – otherwise, I reserve the right to keep reminding fellow posters of the absurd allegations he made and was never brought to account for. Not to even acknowledge that what he said was wrong shows a huge amount of immaturity.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yet Another Waveney Account"]I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

We are probably having our worst season in many a year, have our weakest squad which is almost entirely dependent on one player to create our goals.

If we then tie this into our weakest financial position for a number of years, I really see little hope for optimism

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks[/quote]You''ll fit in well round here with that slightly xenophobic comment, we have loads of racist fans according to some people.[/quote]

Let me say first of all that I am a fan of DF but I have to say I agree entirely with the highlighted part of that post. His views and observations are very interesting but by hell it takes all my powers of concentration to make out what he says. I am not quite sure how you manage to get that statement into the xenophobic/racism debate however slight the inference

[quote user="Grumpy"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yet Another Waveney Account"]I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

We are probably having our worst season in many a year, have our weakest squad which is almost entirely dependent on one player to create our goals.

If we then tie this into our weakest financial position for a number of years, I really see little hope for optimism

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks[/quote]You''ll fit in well round here with that slightly xenophobic comment, we have loads of racist fans according to some people.[/quote]

Let me say first of all that I am a fan of DF but I have to say I agree entirely with the highlighted part of that post. His views and observations are very interesting but by hell it takes all my powers of concentration to make out what he says. I am not quite sure how you manage to get that statement into the xenophobic/racism debate however slight the inference[/quote]In case you weren''t aware, the poster I was replying to made sweeping statements about Norwich fans being racist, as well as direct accusations against multiple posters. As that thread was deleted due to its inflammatory and libellous content, the poster seems to think it somehow never happened and he can make a joke out of his comments and try to deflect the blame onto people such as myself who still think he deserves to be brought to account for it.Hopefully with that context attached, you can understand why I made that post.And Hoola Han Solo, I''m not getting back into it. It''s pointless discussing the minutiae of what was said on that thread – no one can refer back to it, so it''ll just end up in endless gainsaying.

No I don''t see why you made that post,the statement Waveney made was not in any way xenophobic. I have to say that I have no idea of the original post you refer to,but don''t you think you should just let it lie. At the moment we are heading into a world that has to be so pc correct or however you like to put it, that it is quite disturbing.

I never understood Bryan Hamilton but that was because he spoke gibberish.I much prefer Waveney when he sticks to posts about scampi, as John Bond used to say ''just do the things you''re good at''.

[quote user="Grumpy"]No I don''t see why you made that post,the statement Waveney made was not in any way xenophobic. I have to say that I have no idea of the original post you refer to,but don''t you think you should just let it lie. At the moment we are heading into a world that has to be so pc correct or however you like to put it, that it is quite disturbing.[/quote]If you had seen the original posts I referred to, you might well understand why I don''t want to let it lie.I accept that Waveney''s comment in this thread was not xenophobic, so my apologies for that.