Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Consecutive drawn games

Five at the momentDoes anyone know what the most is ?

From Wikipedia

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You mean you don''t Sooty1st ? Ah well there is a first for everything.[/quote]but not for you it would seemhere

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]From Wikipedia [/quote]you might care to have another look at the first word in the title

You''ve only gotta google it The records show that the most consecutive drawn games

played by a team in the Football League was eight by Torquay United in

the Third Division from October to December 1969

err yeshowever it was in relation to uswas in what is the record number for us

New user name, same old tired reference to an ex policeman as a pig. You got to hand it to city1st, he''s nothing if not consistent.

His unique mixture of condescension, ignorance and lack of self awareness is difficult to recreate to be fair.

Sooty 1st   I tried to help you out and searched the web on your behalf, yet when I find it, you come back with "nope, not true, you would do well to check first"     You tend to be very obnoxious to fellow posters on here. 

Well, at least drawing is better than losing :S

Same old whiners''playing the man, not the ball''odd how reference can be made to one name but not anotherand if one chooses to follow me about doing such, then I shall reply in kindas to swindon then the post was inaccurate and was pointed outI had earlier seen that claim and checked to find it was wrong, and stated itthat''s allps well spotted. I thought I had got away with using another name - not as clever as some on here, it would seem

Consecutive Draws

DrawsClubSeasonDivision
8Swansea2008/09Championship
 Southampton2005/06Championship
 Chesterfield2005/06League 2
 Peterborough1971/72Division 4
 Middlesbrough1970/71Division 2
 Torquay1969/70Division 3
 Birmingham1990/91Division 3
7Barnsley1910/11Division 2
 Ipswich1990/91Division 2
 Stockport1988/89Division 4
 Norwich1978/79Division 1

It looks like the pinkun has followed my post about consecutive drawshttp://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/city-closing-on-unwanted-club-record-1-5426853''The club record stands at seven draws on the spin, managed during top flight seasons in both 1978-79 and 1993-94.''Nope, not correct as the link below will showhttp://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1855&teamTabs=results

78/79 is incorrect and 93/94 had 7 consecutive league games but that was broken up by an FA Cup defeatnb  you will need to check for yourself as it won''t link direct to each season

Swindonwhy not actually look up that season and see if your claims are correct rather than just keep posting them up ?

Well, you asked the question and I tried to answer it the best I could. I wonder, when you find better than seven will you let us know ?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Well, you asked the question and I tried to answer it the best I could. I wonder, when you find better than seven will you let us know ?[/quote]dear me, no one has found seventhat is the whole point ! ! !

OK. First you asked for consecutive draws, I answered with the most draws, then I corrected myself and said Torquay, You then changed it to consecutive draws by Norwich I gave an answer of 7. now you are saying it''s wrong because we lost a match in the FA Cup. So maybe  you shoud have asked ''How many consecutive draws have Norwich had in the league that wasn''t broken by other competitions ?''I hard to help, but you do keep moving the goal posts.

err, noI had checked that site and the checked against the actual league table (something I have suggested you do).i did not change it to Norwich either, as our total of five draws pointed toward what was being asked. You just misunderstood that''s allI have not changed anything or moved goalposts either.I merely was asking how our current figure of 5 consecutive games measured up against any other run and was there a longer run.And my advice still holds good. The internet is a wonderful resource, but is best to check a claim where there is another source.If not, simply post up that ''such and such'', is stating this and then give the link

Nice to see this sort of stuff still goes on! Been years since I was involved, feel left out now.

I don’t see any problem with the answers Swindon has provided? You never clarified you meant draws in all comps... Because most of the time you don’t include other comps, like Arsenal’s ‘invincibiles’ season, they lost games in cups. Man City this season were being called unbeaten till they lost to Liverpool, even though they’d lost a CL game. So I feel like looking for a record of consecutive draws automatically calls for you to look at league records unless you clarify you mean in all comps...

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]OK I''m always wrong and you are always right, in your eyes.Try seeing it from my point of view, I was only trying to help.[/quote]Evidence will back that it is not just ''my point of view- -  and I fully agree that you were trying to be helpfuljust as I am in suggesting that you might do well to have a check around before postingThat was why I asked if anyone knew better, as the claims made didn''t stack with what you (and me) foundso to save me going through every season I asked if anyone else knew anything

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Got it now, you always like to have the last comment on all posts  [/quote]oh dearsomeone else posted and I replied to that

ps you''ll get the hang of a forum .... one day