Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Are You a Happy Clapper Or A Member Of The ' Angry Mob ' ?

Seems like we have more self righteous

fans than is fair, football supporters have to live all the emotions, and if you spend a couple of hundred quid on an away day for you and your family (as happened to me the other week) and you feel your team was going through the motions, you are most likely to feel "angry" as the 1,200 who made the trip to Burton did at the time, equally we then take hope when we see results / performances like Bristol. Mind you fans have been called all sorts on here, from Numpties to pant wetters, from morons to well we all know that anyway.OTBC and sort it out Webber [;)]

I have mentioned to those who run ACN that I think they publish a few too many blogs about what happens in the stands rather than on the pitch and it can come across as a bit preachy.

Saying that the let me write a rebuttal to one of those columns so I can''t complain.

I guess I''m a "happy clapper" in that I believe in what the club are doing at the moment and still fully support the team...as I have done through thick and thin.

As has been mentioned many times, we are paying the price at the moment for some signings that have not worked out for us (all clubs have them).

I believe that Football clubs'' success/failure is cyclical and some have wider cycles than others, so I''m used to expecting and getting through the lows and enjoying the highs

Good points. 

I think we made the cardinal error of signing players on contracts giving them a high level of wages beyond the end of the period where we had guaranteed parachute payments.  Naismith is the most extreme example where it is widely quoted he''s on £2.5m PA and there was a useful thread back in December that projected our wages budget for next season at about £13m.  If those numbers are anywhere close, that was obviously foolish, there''s no way one player could justify earning nearly 1/5th of our entire wages budget, even if Naismith had done as well as was hoped, the fact that he''s never held down a regular first team place just rubs salt into the wound for me.

We may now have off-loaded him but I fully expect we''ll be paying a share of his wages next season, in some shape or form, to make it happen.

And this is why the current cost-cutting exercise is so essential.