Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Going, going, gone

Crystal Palace are another good example of a club that changed its board and, with backing, has sustained itself in the prem. proving the ''old order'' could and was bettered. And that is with huge competition in London.

And Lakey I am not only about money but leadership and vision. Read my post again more carefully - I point out that the money follows the dream and that the vision and hunger are the clincher. Our board lacks those things and that it is stale is very, very obvious to a great many people.

Honestly I believe we are going backwards because of the board. I believe there are investors who would love a club in east Anglia with a huge fanbase and little competition. And my Man City supporting friends don''t seem too bothered by the transformation witnessed once investment arrived

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Leicester

Southampton

Bournemouth

Watford

A list of clubs with wealthy outside investors who have all had prolonged investment. [/quote]Leicester won the league with a team bought for peanuts. Vardy was £1million, Kante was £5million, and Drinkwater and Mahrez were dirt cheap.Southampton made £26 million profit on Schneiderlin, £25 million profit on Lallana, £12 million profit on Lovren, and sold youth team players Luke Shaw for £30 million , Oxlade Chamberlain for £12-15 million, Callum Chambers for up to £15 million. That''s £120 million from six players, and that''s not including Walcott or Gareth Bale.It''s not about the money, it''s about how good your recruitment and youth development is, and Norwich can only really cite the development of Redmond, and Jacob Murphy.At the other end of the spectrum, there''s Tony Xia, Tony Fernandes and Vincent Tan, who blew a fortune on crap.

Some pretty ridiculous statements in this topic, such as DCB''s assertion that Delia  and co. hate us being in the Prem, more happy being mid table Champs...that is the biggest pile of tripe ive ever heard. There is no bigger fan of this club than Delia herself, every win fills her with that warm feeling we all get, every defeat brings a bit of angst inside, but she, like us all, move on to the next match and above all want us to do well, be it whatever division we are in.Glad the window is shut, we now have a week to take stock to before it all kicks off again. What will be will be as to reagards performance on the pitch itself, its only just begun as they say. So, AN finally left and the board put in motion a truly massive undertaking, both to slash the size of the clubs financial outlay, and give us a totally new set up with a huge amount of playing and management staff to go and complete new team, both off and on the pitch coming in, all this in a space of just a few short months. And the club lack ambition?..what total nonsense, they have achieved what they set out to do, and despite  some horrendous results, which i half expected anyway after all thats been done, the AN era already feels light years away to me, even though ts just a few months ago.Well done to all concerned, cannot be under estimated how huge the changes that have been made and yet, it still feels like our club, something so unique about NCFC that ive often found the right words to describe it. Yes, its results that matter, and a long season has only just begun, but that will take care of itself. Delia and the board have given us the change that was needed, plus kept us as a decent viable football club, which she  strives to always do, no matter what divsion we are in. Very very satisfied with the window, OTBC.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Crystal Palace are another good example of a club that changed its board and, with backing, has sustained itself in the prem. proving the ''old order'' could and was bettered. And that is with huge competition in London.

And Lakey I am not only about money but leadership and vision. Read my post again more carefully - I point out that the money follows the dream and that the vision and hunger are the clincher. Our board lacks those things and that it is stale is very, very obvious to a great many people.

Honestly I believe we are going backwards because of the board. I believe there are investors who would love a club in east Anglia with a huge fanbase and little competition. And my Man City supporting friends don''t seem too bothered by the transformation witnessed once investment arrived[/quote]I have relatives in Manchester who have stopped a lifetime of supporting Man City since they were bought up. To them, buying the championship did not give them the buzz they wanted.  There have been fantastic performances and they have had some great players, but teamwork has not been there a lot of the time - and still isn''t.  As for your "money follows the dream" idea, well that is not the way I see it.  The dream is to be the top club in the country - and in certain aspects I think we are right up there even without a super rich owner.   Community side is very strong, we are owned by supporters of the club, the location is brilliant and the fans are (on the whole) the best there are.  We constantly punch above our weight and have done for many of the years since 1972.   We can all dream of being established in the PL, or even dreaming of being in the top 6 or winning it like Leicester did - but in reality that dream will have to be achieved from where we are.   We are NEVER going to be one of the rich clubs or have a super rich owner - there are very few Dave Whelans and Jack walkers around - and I don''t think the club will ever be sold to a non-supporting person, which for me, is a good thing.  So the dream is to carry on punching above our weight and developing the club in the best way we can - within the limits of the finances available.

And there was me thinking my post had shine light on how insular and short sighted some can be. The board must be laughing into their ale; it is the cosiest club ever to run cos many fans refuse to ask hard questions and just love the fact it is .. little old Norwich

I honestly didn''t realise that Lowestoft were at the same level as the reserve team of one of the best sides in Europe!