Sign in to follow this  
unique

Murphy ready to quit Carrow Road...

@WCC

"Why should expectations for the coming season be all-round lower if they are sold?"

Because they are both very good players capable of making a more than useful contribution towards a Championship team''s success.

No psychology needed there.

I think it is probably heart just as much as head. They both had potential and the youth team in my mind is to bring players to the first team. Then they play for 2 seasons or more then head on for a good profit to a team far above in the pecking order so as not to harm us. Some people on here are totally negative about the new players coming in and some are overjoyed with the new set up. Until After the first 20 games will we have a clue if it was genius or madness. Even still 4 million as was reported to a rival would in my mind be very bad business. It will probably never happen but for that money we have to see if he can make the step up for us. Is that answer enough for you or is that still evasion.

[quote user="unique"]Nobody is ''weltering in sentimentality ''.

Benitez has stated that Murphy was prepared to walk out of Carrow Road to ensure a move to Newcastle.

So Murphy was prepared to renege on his 4-year contract and show no desire to help return NCFC to the PL.

Murphy has jumped ship at his first reasonable opportunity, if football is now a business, then he is history, and Norwich fans owe him no sentiment.

In fact, as far as the Norwich City first-team is concerned, his contribution has been next to nothing.[/quote]

His contribution is £12,5 million.

I hope that now gets recycled into improving the first-team squad.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]@WCC

"Why should expectations for the coming season be all-round lower if they are sold?"

Because they are both very good players capable of making a more than useful contribution towards a Championship team''s success.

No psychology needed there.[/quote]OK, say our current squad less the Murphys is x% less strong than with the Murphys. So what if we now bring in one or more players whose arrival strengthens the squad by at least x% and possibly more? Are people saying that the Murphys bring more to the squad than any affordable replacements could possibly compensate for, or even improve upon?

Methinks you''re struggling a bit there wcc.

The loss of any good player weakens any team anywhere. Obvious really.

Of course it''s possible to replace with better but that''s an "if" as you stated.

The opinion that there is an element of sentiment that clouds our view of the twins because they are ''our own'' is somewhat valid but is that such a bad thing?

We have been waiting a few years now for them both to realise their promise. A lot has been expected and they are beginning to deliver accordingly because our expectations have been realistic.

They are good players. Their prospective values indicate this. We are weaker for the loss of Jacob and will be even more so if we now lose Josh.

Newcastle are stronger for their expensive acquisition and ''Boro are "rumoured" to think that getting Josh will enhance their chances next season.

Of course if the £12.5m is spent well it could make us a much better team despite our loss. It''s that "if" word again though.

The problem is the money will not be spent wisely it is going to clear the overdraft ? what overdraft i thought we were debt free on homepage if anyone wants to look !!!!!!!

[quote user="xxxx"]Hope he breaks his leg in three places in his first match no more than the ungrateful little shit deserves .[/quote]

What a horrible little SHIT you are

As Archant decided you do not deserve to be called a little SHoT remove the o and replace with an I

@BroadstairsYou talk as if there are no "ifs" in keeping these players. But there are, plenty in fact.Yes, recruitment has to be good; but based on the signings so far I''d say Webber and Farke deserve some trust. As for the idea that there''s no money for replacements; untrue (as the PinkUn article that norfolkngood refers to confirms). If Josh stays no replacement needed; if he goes the recruitment fund gets added to.2:0 up against Duisburg by the way, and liking what I see. [B]