Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Delia doesn't understand what all the fuss is about!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Given the amount of games she goes to and I suspect reading the local media I do not buy that she does not understand the growing resentment of many if not most supporters but I think she is surrounded by a little group in a bubble who choose to ignore it[/quote]
I think that''s hardly likely when she goes into pubs with away fans. She attends the AGM. Tom has attended many fan''s events. They are well aware of what is being said. Just because they don''t take action of what''s being said doesn''t mean they aren''t aware. 

"Do one"

😂

Who are you? Jeremy Kyle?

If your reasons ran so "deep" you''d simply knock it on the head and not spend your - hopefully plentiful given health problems - time on here like a whining little melt.

It''s foot-stamping, dummy-spitting, toy-chucking attention seeking.

You''ll pack golf up if you lose a couple of holes. Probably best stick to the crazeeeee version.

[quote user="Indy"]So you believe quotes? But if someone else quotes something you disagree with you take exception to it! What if she was lying? Thought you only dealt in facts?[/quote]
So it''s Delia''s reply on a web chat on one side. And your claims on a message board on another. I guess to evaluate things properly we could see how many more claims Delia has made on web chats that have been proven as lies. And how many claims you''ve posted on a message board that have been proven as lies. If the result is a 0-0 draw then I suggest the pair of you arm wrestle.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

To be fair Double N, she was sticking with Gunn until the Colchester farce. That was not ambitious to stick with a manager who had relegated us.[/quote]
Don''t fall for that Pops. Doncaster and Munby resigned in the May. The owners then re- appointed Gunn so he could assemble a football team for the season ahead. and went about the business of finding new executives to run the club. In the June they appointed McNally as CE and then persuaded Bowkett to be Chairman. They then ran the club and stuck with Gunn until the Colchester game. Surely the owners played that right? Or would you have suggested they appoint a new manager and then look for people to run the club?
[/quote]

Much of what you say may be feasible but I''m not sure it is completely correct.

We have to agree on the hierarchy of the club. The chairman is not what he was at one time. Balls has proven that. And it appears the CEO may have disappeared from our club and is likely to be swallowed up into a combined role.

That makes the owners the real power.

Bryan Gunn was more bizarre an appointment than Neil Adams. At least Adams had won something with a team he managed/coached. I believe there was a great deal of sentiment in that appointment which makes me wonder whether the owners are as calculating as you think.

Ideally, the CEO should work at the pit face with the manager but dine with the owners. And maybe in this age, the CEO is very important. but I still think the main man at the football club is the manager.

Britain has just adopted a different approach to running the clubs with the advent of the courts making decisions, agents negotiating rather than an ex pro becoming manager and expected to handle fiscal matters.

So I believe the first aim of that new era in L1 was to win football matches to satisfy the season ticket holders who had already pledged to stay with the club. Obviously expecting a season of success. And the opening day disaster was the least expected event and sent a shockwave through the club.

Surely the appointment of Lambert, the architect of that shockwave, couldn''t have been contrived before.[/quote]
I wasn''t talking about what we have now. I was talking about what we had then Pops and I''d be really interested in what part isn''t correct.
As for the now it would seem there''s to be restructuring. I have no idea what form this will take. I could guess at Steve Stone and a Football man in combined roles but that''s just a guess. I don''t think the manager will go anywhere until that restructuring is sorted. And I''m not convinced he will even then. At that point one of two things will happen. Either we''ll start regularly winning football matches which will be put down to the new CE''s appointment. Or we will continue not winning enough football matches which will be put down to Delia keeping the manager too long.
[/quote]

I actually meant the "surely the owners played that right". To me, the manager is more important than the CEO. Gunn should have gone.

As it turned out, they got lucky with Lambert who as we know hasn''t a great record of success as a football manager apart from us.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

To be fair Double N, she was sticking with Gunn until the Colchester farce. That was not ambitious to stick with a manager who had relegated us.[/quote]
Don''t fall for that Pops. Doncaster and Munby resigned in the May. The owners then re- appointed Gunn so he could assemble a football team for the season ahead. and went about the business of finding new executives to run the club. In the June they appointed McNally as CE and then persuaded Bowkett to be Chairman. They then ran the club and stuck with Gunn until the Colchester game. Surely the owners played that right? Or would you have suggested they appoint a new manager and then look for people to run the club?
[/quote]

Much of what you say may be feasible but I''m not sure it is completely correct.

We have to agree on the hierarchy of the club. The chairman is not what he was at one time. Balls has proven that. And it appears the CEO may have disappeared from our club and is likely to be swallowed up into a combined role.

That makes the owners the real power.

Bryan Gunn was more bizarre an appointment than Neil Adams. At least Adams had won something with a team he managed/coached. I believe there was a great deal of sentiment in that appointment which makes me wonder whether the owners are as calculating as you think.

Ideally, the CEO should work at the pit face with the manager but dine with the owners. And maybe in this age, the CEO is very important. but I still think the main man at the football club is the manager.

Britain has just adopted a different approach to running the clubs with the advent of the courts making decisions, agents negotiating rather than an ex pro becoming manager and expected to handle fiscal matters.

So I believe the first aim of that new era in L1 was to win football matches to satisfy the season ticket holders who had already pledged to stay with the club. Obviously expecting a season of success. And the opening day disaster was the least expected event and sent a shockwave through the club.

Surely the appointment of Lambert, the architect of that shockwave, couldn''t have been contrived before.[/quote]
I wasn''t talking about what we have now. I was talking about what we had then Pops and I''d be really interested in what part isn''t correct.
As for the now it would seem there''s to be restructuring. I have no idea what form this will take. I could guess at Steve Stone and a Football man in combined roles but that''s just a guess. I don''t think the manager will go anywhere until that restructuring is sorted. And I''m not convinced he will even then. At that point one of two things will happen. Either we''ll start regularly winning football matches which will be put down to the new CE''s appointment. Or we will continue not winning enough football matches which will be put down to Delia keeping the manager too long.
[/quote]

I actually meant the "surely the owners played that right". To me, the manager is more important than the CEO. Gunn should have gone.

As it turned out, they got lucky with Lambert who as we know hasn''t a great record of success as a football manager apart from us.[/quote]
Got ya. Well that''s fair enough just as long as you''d have been happy with them appointing a manager and then looking for people to run the club. Or alternatively leave the club totally rudderless until half way through June.

No Nutty I''m waiting on your proof, I''ve got a photo what do you have? Come on you deal in facts!

[quote user="Indy"]No Nutty I''m waiting on your proof, I''ve got a photo what do you have? Come on you deal in facts![/quote]
I''ve provided you with the quote. Where''s this photo?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/kenozanne/DELIATOWNSUPPORTER.jpg

You bought this up Nutty, proof isn''t a quote!

Funny that for some reason you & dunce have an issue, is this Morty related? Do you kiss Morty so you need to bully rather than play nice?

[quote user="Indy"]Funny that for some reason you & dunce have an issue, is this Morty related? Do you kiss Morty so you need to bully rather than play nice?[/quote]

He says calling me dunce...

Brilliant.

Blub.

[quote user="Indy"]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/kenozanne/DELIATOWNSUPPORTER.jpg

You bought this up Nutty, proof isn''t a quote![/quote]
Thanks Ken. Nice album buddy[Y]
So we have the picture from your photobucket against my quote from the web chat.And the picture on your photobucket tallys with Delia''s account on the web chat.

[quote user="Greavsy"]If I may quote from Indy

You''re obviously on a mission to get people arguing rather than sticking to the threads

End of ''conversation''[/quote]
[quote user="Greavsy"]Good point SDP, let''s hope people can stay on topic.[/quote]

So copying and pasting another posters comments, it''s off topic now?

You really are sad.

Look forward to your reply, I can guess the ending!!

Got ya. Well that''s fair enough just as long as you''d have been happy with them appointing a manager and then looking for people to run the club. Or alternatively leave the club totally rudderless until half way through June.

You really think we couldn''t have continued without a CEO? The previous one had steered us into relegation.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Got ya. Well that''s fair enough just as long as you''d have been happy with them appointing a manager and then looking for people to run the club. Or alternatively leave the club totally rudderless until half way through June.

You really think we couldn''t have continued without a CEO? The previous one had steered us into relegation.[/quote]
No. But I don''t think we could have continued without anybody. We had issues of contracts and the upcoming transfer window. Which players would stay and which would go.With the Chairman, CE and manager gone who would have been left at this vital time? Gunn was given a one year contract in mid May and the owners went about looking for people to run the club. The other way around they could maybe have spent weeks appointing a manager who would have wanted a lot more security than a year and then gone about appointing people to run the club.

[quote user="Greavsy"]So copying and pasting another posters comments, it''s off topic now?

You really are sad.

Look forward to your reply, I can guess the ending!![/quote]
[quote user="Greavsy"]Good point SDP, let''s hope people can stay on topic.[/quote]