Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

THORNE

Well, we haven''t seen a lot of him in yellow and green, and he''s about to make his return to full fitness and with all our injuries, maybe first team action. So do we think he can do the business?

[quote]Well, we haven''t seen a lot of him in yellow and green, and he''s about to make his return to full fitness and with all our injuries, maybe first team action. So do we think he can do the business?[/quote]

He can do the business, he is the wrong side of 30 bit his strike rate in this league would see him get in most sides in this division.  We have him as a second choice striker and he is a more than capable back up for Ashton.

All we need to do is play him up front and not right midfield.

i personally think he is better than lisbie

ok lisbie can hold it up, but thorne can too. Thorne can also score goals...... something that lisbie lacks badly!

we need a thorney chant, unless we steal his old peter thornes magic hat one?

I''m personally looking forward to seeing Thorne up front with McVeigh.

I reckon that''s a pretty interesting front line. Hope he''s fit in time for Millwall.

absolutely.thornes record shows he has consistently scored goals at this level.as stated,he would be in most teams in this league.would like him to be given a run in the team,the same as leon had,before people start judging him.

The guy has a quality record  and has been transferred in his career for many millions of £s.

Play him as a central striker and he will do well for us

I''ve just remembered that the other striker, what''s his name, yeah Ashburn, that''s it, he''ll probably be back by the Millwall game.

Anyway, hope it''s not Ashton and Thorne up front or we could see a few long balls...