Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari_2

u23s at villa stream

Marvellous to watch proper football again by the yellas. Pass and move. Instant control of the ball. Sharp accurate passing and a confidence about the team as if they know what they''ve got to do.

Good stuff

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Swansea next Monday then together[Y][:)][/quote]I may well be free for that actually, been too long since I have been to see the yoof.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]A NCFC team winning is positive.

Seeing Middleton skinning his full back alive but having to wait for someone to arrive is not positive in my book.

If we have someone that good why aren''t we exploiting that with more up front?[/quote]Yes, fair point. The old-fashioned touchline-hugging wingers are more compatible with two strikers in a traditional 4-4-2, whereas the attacking three in a 4-2-3-1 tend to be a bit narrower with the full backs pushing higher. Jaiyesimi played a bit narrower on the right, I thought, and Efete came forward from right back to good effect a number of times.Either way, huge performance from Middleton, definitely one to watch. Godfrey looks like a massive presence, and I thought Ebou Adams was all action in the middle of the park. Killip looks an assured goalkeeper too, handling was impeccable, was quick off his line and comfortable with the ball at his feet.Plenty of positives from my perspective!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]A NCFC team winning is positive.

Seeing Middleton skinning his full back alive but having to wait for someone to arrive is not positive in my book.

If we have someone that good why aren''t we exploiting that with more up front?[/quote]Yes, fair point. The old-fashioned touchline-hugging wingers are more compatible with two strikers in a traditional 4-4-2, whereas the attacking three in a 4-2-3-1 tend to be a bit narrower with the full backs pushing higher. Jaiyesimi played a bit narrower on the right, I thought, and Efete came forward from right back to good effect a number of times.Either way, huge performance from Middleton, definitely one to watch. Godfrey looks like a massive presence, and I thought Ebou Adams was all action in the middle of the park. Killip looks an assured goalkeeper too, handling was impeccable, was quick off his line and comfortable with the ball at his feet.Plenty of positives from my perspective![/quote]Grant too, always liked the look of him.

[quote user="morty"]Grant too, always liked the look of him.[/quote]Yes, he was tidy too. Odusina looked pretty assured too, brilliant goal-line clearance at the end.

Timi Odusina always impresses me. He''s moved quickly through from U16s to this level. He''s only just 17 and although he''s a first year scholar I believe he has a professional contract here. I think he was at Arsenal until he was 14. Doesn''t always play home games if we are playing an over age centre back.

I''m surprised no ones mentioned Halajko to be AN''s replacement yet😉. Good result for our U23''s, NCFC is more than just the first team as far as I''m concerned 🙂