Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anything less than 3 points tommorrow and I want Neil gone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]All you post is true also Purple. But you dont post anything to prove who instigated the resignation. We know McNally had been tracking Neil since the beginning of that season but it doesn''t neccessarily follow that he was going to be appointed in January. And if we take that scenario as truth then the whole Phelan appointment makes no sense.

The reason I posted on this thread was because of the statement asserting Neil Adams got the push. He didn''t. He resigned and the circumstances of that resignation remain undisclosed.[/quote]Nutty, even though we were tracking Neil as a manager, as we plainly were, the Phelan appointment did make perfect sense as what it was. As a coach to help out Adams. It only didn''t make sense if one assumed - as many here did - that he had been hired to take over if Adams failed.As to Adams, yes - strictly, legally speaking - he resigned. But look across football. Very few managers actually resign under those kind of circuymstances of their own free will. They are given the choice of resigning or being fired. I do not know for certain that Adams was given that choice, but the fact that we had in effect already lined up his successor is very strong circumstantial evidence that he jumped knowing that otherwise he would be pushed. That in effect he was sacked.[/quote]
But the fact he agreed to resign does not mean he didn''t instigate that agreement. There could be all kinds of reasons for that to have happened. Just because the most obvious in one train of thought would be that McNally instigated it doesn''t mean that happened. That''s just shaping what happened to that train of thought. There are others.
[/quote]Nutty, no, it doesn''t mean he didn''t. Equally it doesn''t mean he did. That, legally speaking, he resigned, by signing a piece of paper saying so, doesn''t in reality tell us anything. That is the way these things tend to be done - and not just in football - whether the resignation is the manager''s idea, or forced on them. And I don''t really see why it matters. Either Adams thought he was doing a bad job, and the board agreed, so letting him quit, especially since they had the replacement lined up. Or the board thought he was doing a bad job, and Adams either agreed or didn''t agree, but his view hardly mattered, since it was the board''s decision, and they had that replacement lined up.

It only mattered to me because it was posted that he got the push. However there are other alternatives to the board or himself thought he was doing a bad job.

He resigned.