Sign in to follow this  
rich

game thread luton away

see ya Worthy you are a joke.

Lets add up the evidence

Charlton (defender) and Hughes (just back from injury start the game whilst Jarrett a central midfielder sits on the bench.

4-0 down at half time, 2 goals from individual errors by Green and Doherty, but it is a striker that never got a touch that is taken off and replaced with Jarvis.   Our midfield which was non existant (as far as I could tell from the radio) is left intact.

We continue to get chance after chance which hit bars, posts, just wide, cleared off the line.   Why oh why can we not score this multitude of chances when Luton and Millwall for that matter only need a decent opportunity to score.  What''s going on at training?

With 6 minutes remaining and still 3 goals behind the Manager wakes up from his trance and realises he has two subs left to use.  He brings on Jarrett for Hughes, Charlton once again stays on!!!  He may have played well, but didn''t hear much of him on the radio apart from taking early free kicks which were brought back.

Oh and we were down to 10 men Worthy, did you notice that!!!

Rubbish management, rubbish reactions to what is going on, on the pitch.  Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, get rid now.

[quote]" What''s the betting that Worthy only talks about the second half? "Well I thought we passed the ball well"" Well, did we? I think we did. I guess Worthy failed again in not telling his players to...[/quote]

No he failed by not replacing Francis, he failed by not preparing us for the Fulham game...he failed by not signing a striker until Christmas last season...he failed by not understanding what substitution is required...he failed but not recognising that we cant play a diamond, he failed in motivating the team to perform....I could go on and on...

Why Charlton for Jarrett? Why isn''t Jarvis playing regularly, or at least coming off the bench more often? Why didn''t he start Hendo on Saturday? Why is he tinkering when playing a basic shape with players in the correct positions would surely be more sensible?

My mate at the game just told me the team''s shape left Brennan hopelessly exposed for at least 3 goals.

I just don''t think Worthy''s got the intelligence to bring the best out of our players-at least consistently, anyway. That''s why we keep having games where we don''t concentrate for the full 90 mins.

A new low for the club. Well, since 6-1 at PortVale anyway. I switched on my car radio just into the second half... imagine my reaction to the socreline.!!! Gutless, spineless, pathetic. So we played better in the second half.. big deal. Luton were on cigar break by then. Biggest indictment of the night is the sending off of Davenport. Why the hell, with the game lost in 20 minutes did worthington persist with an injured and cautioned player.. ? get him off and make ready for the next game, or leave hime exposed to further aggravate his injury and pick up another booking? Nice one Nigel. Garbage. From the players, from the management. From everyone. Pure garbage. Hope youre reading this Darren... pass it on. %^&£%%^£$£$£__*^