Seems to have made a resurgence at the Euros.  Or at least 4411.  You can see what a difference a goal scoring number 10 makes, at least.    It''s kind of an old fashioned idea, but it still works.   A big striker and a mobile runner playing off him.  Ferdinand was describing how difficult it is for defenders to deal with.  That raises the Wes argument and his lack of goals,   but with Naismith and even RVW playing off Jerome, we will have that ability to turn a defence using two strikers.   Certainly the options we appear to have are good and whether Wes plays as a roving no.10 or we have an out and out 442, the prospects look good, with plenty of exerience plus attack minded players if you include one or both of the Murphys -                    Ruddy    Pinto Martin Klose Olsson  Vadis  Tettey Howson  Murphy            Jerome Naismith Then you have the likes of Wes, Jarvis, RVW to put in the mix.  442 the way forwards?

I thought RVW was a false 9 ? certainly gave us false expectation!.

In seriousness I would expect/ hope AN will revert to a more attacking formation in the chumps, it was only the Newcastle away game that scared him, and we lost our identity from that point, expect Naismith and Jerome to be potent this season.

Never likely to happen, AN prefers one up top anyway.

Wes, Naismith and possibly Maddison will offer plenty more than a second striker I''m sure, plus potentially replacing one of these to shoe horn RvW in because of their lack of goals would be irony on a whole new level.

Personally prefer 4-2-3-1,  4-3-3, 4-5-1 - more flexible and potentially more attacking.

Not sure I have a preference because it depends on the players available at the time. Whatever wins you the most games.

Last season AN was quite conservative with his approach and it didn''t pay off.