Sign in to follow this  
JP

Worthy out, Burley in!? **Sign up**

With it definetly being a case of when, not if, when it comes to Worthys departure, i cant emphasise enough, that now is our chance to capture a very decent manager, in George Burley! I dont give two s***s about his ipswich history, he is a good manager, and his track record proves that!!(a very long sentence)

I agree.

Burley may be ex Ipswich which will be hard for some to stomach but he is the best manager out there available. If we don''t snap him up then someone else will.

Also in defence of Mike Walker apart from the last 2 5-0 results we achieved, also remeber that the players he signed turned out to be pretty reasonable in the long term (Iwan for example), not to mention he had to cope with the death of his wife that season, still good to know Delia nmever has a knee jerk reaction isnt it.

Oh and from Burley interview with Sky this week "my family home is in Ipswich and will remain so wherever I go"...he''d come here no doubt in my mind

Burley was on SSN the other day and said that part of the reason he left Hearts was that his family are still in East Anglia and he doesn''t want to move them.  Maybe a local job would suit him!?  I can but dream

found out earlier, burley lives in ipswich still, and his reluctance to move his family up to hearts was a major factor in him leaving hearts....should this be true then maybe, just MAYBE we''re in with a shout.

[quote]With it definetly being a case of when, not if, when it comes to Worthys departure, i cant emphasise enough, that now is our chance to capture a very decent manager, in George Burley! I dont give two ...[/quote]

No way, anyone but Burley.

Hes walked away from the last 2 clubs hes managed and is undeniably former scum, no matter how you wrap it up in "but hes a good manager!" rubbish.

No binners rejects needed here thanks.

[quote]No way, anyone but Burley. Hes walked away from the last 2 clubs hes managed and is undeniably former scum, no matter how you wrap it up in "but hes a good manager!" rubbish. No binners rejects need...[/quote]

Well currently Herb he is the best available man for the job from whatever angle you look at it!, so...

Another example; would you not sign someone like Darren Bent or Keiran Dyer for Norwich, purely because he is an ex binner. Even though both of them would bring an improvement to the team!?