Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Paul Lambert To Take Over At Blackburn Rovers

Holloway did fantastically well at Blackpool. It was Millwall where he really came unstuck in a big way.

Despite the media reports I think It''s clear Blackburn will need to sell Rhodes to exit their embargo. He''s the last really saleable asset they have left. Lambert''s time at Blackburn is then likely to hinge on how effectively he reinvests the money has available from that sale.

Personally, I think he will spend the money wisely and effectively. He just needs to get back to the principles that made his time at Norwich so successful which he''d largely jettisoned towards the end of his Villa days.

I genuinely hope he does well. Yes, it was poor how conducted his departure bit without him this club would have been financially destitute and in League One or worse without him.

Lambert''s reign at Norwich and then at Villa were like chalk and cheese.  All smiles, positivity and success at nearly every turn at Norwich, then pressure, negativity and dour football at Villa.  Will probably show something in between that at Blackburn imo, because the success he had at CR may well have been something he will find difficult to repeat, given the circumstances when he arrived here, with Grant Holt/Culverhouse effect - and the fact we were starting from a very low ebb.   Have no strong feelings either way about him now, his reign at CR seems a long time ago.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lambert''s reign at Norwich and then at Villa were like chalk and cheese.  All smiles, positivity and success at nearly every turn at Norwich, then pressure, negativity and dour football at Villa.  Will probably show something in between that at Blackburn imo, because the success he had at CR may well have been something he will find difficult to repeat, given the circumstances when he arrived here, with Grant Holt/Culverhouse effect - and the fact we were starting from a very low ebb.  

Have no strong feelings either way about him now, his reign at CR seems a long time ago.
[/quote]

Well, I guess we''ve had 3 complete seasons and are now well into the 4th since he left.  While he only managed us for basically 3 seasons.  And a lot has happened in the meantime. 

People who want him back should look at what happened with Mike Walker, second time around.