Interesting that Alex has included him and not Josh and has come out and said "I like what I see". Josh has always been favoured as being ahead of Jacob in the past but is this right? Bearing in mind that Josh went to Wigan on loan and got very little game time in a struggling side and Jacob went to a shambles in Blackpool but impressed and bagged a couple of goals until his social media error.Depending on who comes in maybe a season loan for both to play regular Championship football would bring them on further.

I''m not saying get rid of Redmond but the two Murphys on the wings either side of a front man like Jerome, could be potentially really exciting.

I''d love the manager to have the ''balls'' to play the two of them in a pre-season game, I think their could be more to this ''twin'' malarky then us mere ''one-offs'' realise. Both are exciting attacking players and If they do have some sort of connection - I imagine it could be really profitable for city (in a goal-threat sense).

I''d love to see Neil play with these twins. Even just because it would be funny to see the opposition try marking them...

It was a shame Josh couldn''t get more game time at Norwich, or Wigan - in retrospect a club fighting relegation probably wasn''t the best destination for an attack minded player such as Josh.

Jacob really benefited from his loan spells - picking up 23 games last season across 3 different clubs and it isn''t a huge surprise he has moved ahead of his brother a little bit.

Will be interesting to see how they develop, but both need to get 20+ games under their belts this season, and that won''t happen at Norwich. Hopefully positive loans can be arranged for both of them and then it will become much more clear if they are the real deal, or fall into ''good at youth football, but nothing more'' category.

Must be a great confidence boost to Jacob to be included in the 25 man squad.

By all accounts he had a successful loan stint at Colchester as well, think I remember reading that they would gladly take him back again this coming season?

If neither of the twins are in or around our match-day squad I would like to see them at Championship clubs next season, both have lots of potential.

I think Jacob actually benefits from having slightly less natural ability. He seems to be slightly more team mate aware obviously helped by the loans, whereas Josh has a "I can do it all myself" mentality. Still plenty of time for both to develop.

In a way, it suggests Jacob is one step behind still.

He needs to have his first exposure to our 1st team squad whereas we know where Josh is now.

I suspect both will be loaned out to the championship by the end of the window so long as we get a few transfers done.

Agree both are bright talents, and need to find a step up, bets would be championship loans, would be awesome to see both terrorising defences wearing the yellow and green ! and the crowd singing "they are two of our own",

Think Alex Neil is as good a bet as anyone to judge where their real level is and if they can indeed make that step up.

I think it would be very interesting to see stats for the Murphys , regarding playing together and apart, the twin telepathy thing is very interesting. Watching them as youth players, they did have a very good understanding.