Sign in to follow this  
quentin

Who's the ref for the Play-Off Final?

Just looking at his stats. Quite card happy this season.154 yellow. 8 reds. 36 games.[url]http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=135[/url]

[quote user="GrumpyBear"]Do you people really believe that we play every game the way we played at your place?[/quote]

Personally I really don''t care what tactics you deploy anywhere else - it was shameful behaviour at Carrow Road. We certainly owe you a beating and revenge is a dish best served cold...

You owe us two beatings then; one for the 4-0 at our place ... oh, but you didn''t turn up so that doesn''t count does it!?

No, 1-0 will do fine for us, you can then whinge for the rest of your days about doing the double on us and it being 5-1 over three games but not going up, boo-hoo.

Hard to see much beyond a single goal victory after a close tense game.

Mind you Mike Dean was hardly a lucky ref for us last season and his willingness to brandish a card could spice things up for either side.    His performance in the rain at selhurst park last year was particularly poor 

It''s a worry for me to have a Jasper Carrot lookalike reffing such an important game.

I suppose as long as he can spot a cheat he can''t go far wrong!

[quote user="Locky_football"]Mike Dean it is then ...[/quote]Hmmm... He''s helped Chelsea to a couple of victories with refeering performances that received much criticism and then there''s the Middlesbrough with their Chelsea cast-offs [:|][*-)][:|]

[quote user="GrumpyBear"]You owe us two beatings then; one for the 4-0 at our place ... oh, but you didn''t turn up so that doesn''t count does it!?[/quote]We had a novice manager then - 28 games later and your lot, with the help of a poor referee, felt the need to cheat yourselves to a narrow victory over a vastly improved team because you were incapable of doing it via playing football.You won''t get away with those antics against us again, too many people aware including officials, so be prepared for defeat [:)]

I am prepared for defeat but I don''t think you are. Too many of your fans are fixating on the Carrow Road game. Don''t base your judgement on that.

The tactics used by Boro'' at Carrow Road was classed as professional. The reason they got away with it was the ref, if he had only stopped play for head injuries then they probably wouldn''t of been able to get away with it. You cant blame the players for recognising the fact and use it to their advantage.

Hoolahan tried to con the ref but didn''t get away with it, had he done so would we of been criticising him...............probably not.

If Mike Deans keeps things fair it should be a good game between two good teams.

To any Boro fan thinking that our naughty players were kicking lumps out of their precious little boys-Foul count from the last game, Norwich 7, Middlesbrough 13.