Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Mulumbu

Apparently signing Mulumbu is linked to the new Head of Recruitment.

Darnborough hasn''t been unveiled yet, so I would imagine if Mulumbu is signed, then he will be unveiled after Darnborough so the guy can take the credit for a popular signing with the fans (to be fair, it sounds like he deserves the credit in this case as he seems to already be involved in the club). Darnborough played a role in getting Mulumbu in at West Brom apparently.

https://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/new-head-of-recruitment-plots-african-swoop-1772141.html?

[quote user="Jeremy gossip"]The issue is the £££ he wants a significant wage.[/quote]

You don''t say! It''s hardly an insight that he''ll want a "PL wage" but if the rumours that it was us or Celtic, I believe we have proven in the past that we can out-pay them.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]If this is true - one point remains. We have too many central midfielders. [/quote]

No we don''t. If we sign Mulumbu we will have Tettey, Dorrans, Mulumbu and O''Neill competing for two deep central midfied positions.

Young Thompson can go back on loan to build up his experience.

[quote user="ron obvious"]No Mulumbu yet? Thought it was a done deal.[/quote]

His WBA contract probably ends at the end of June 2015. So expect announcement (if any) end of June / early July.

As for players costing £££s I expect nobody before the start of the new NCFC financial year on the 1st July.