Sign in to follow this  
daly

Plastics

Sick of so called plastic bashing every year these so called plastics buy their memberships, a shirt and various merchandise and attend as many games as they can.

Just because a person can''t go to games for many reasons does not make them any less of a fan.

Plastics as you so call are also known as glory hunters and that''s hardly NCFC is it 1 major trophy in the last 30 years.

My only beef is the club selling memberships so ppl can buy playoff tickets this should not be allowed as they should have been members ready

[quote user="Hector Prune "]There is nothing more entertaining than a thread full of plastics trying to convince people they are not plastic[/quote]Not even a binner ignoring the empty seats at Portaloo Road?We were getting full houses in League 1 days. Tickets are like gold dust now. Hardly "Plastic" behaviour.

Threads like this do make me chuckle....yes we were getting full houses in league one, equally we had average gates of 12,000 back in 1977 when I attended my first game as a boy.

All this talk of Plastic''s and Chelsea is also very funny as my brother is a Chelsea supporter (away season ticket holder they avoid the Bridge like the plague) and he is actually envious of me a Norwich fan !!

The reason being is I wear my shirt with pride, he wears his with embarrassment and when anyone asks he immediately justifies his support for the club by saying when he started supporting them 35 years ago they were in the old 1st division ......

My point being be grateful for what we have.....I followed my club home and away for 20 years before a family, a wife and simple economics and a lack of time stopped me....now I get to about a dozen games a season !!

My love and my passion for our great club is exactly the same the only thing thats changed is my circumstances.....

although one day I hope to return as a regular, I would hardly class myself as a plastic in the interim !

A playoff semi final and all the plastics come out of the woodwork where have they been all season?

Just waiting to see my first anyone watching the game in Timbuktu thread

The only person remotely bothered by plastics is Waveney and he''s a multi-personality troll so don''t anybody worry about trying to justify their support to appease him.

This topic really does make me laugh, this is a local club for local people we can''t have so called fans turn up when they can. Seriously get a life not one fan is better than another and in all honestly it really doesn''t matter. If your proud enough to wear the shirt and tell people you are a Norwich fan especially when you live miles away and are probably the only fan in a 20 mile radius then who anybody to say they aren''t a real fan. If I wanted to be a Richard about it I could start on the old season ticket fans that sit there with there packed lunch and who you don''t hear a peep from. But we all support the same team which is what matters whether you goto every game but make no noise or 5 games but keep the chants going, we all fight for the same cause and for the next two games that''s beating our rivals not each other with a Richard measuring contest.

Why is there an entire thread dedicated to synthetic materials made from of organic polymers that can be molded into shape while soft and then set into a rigid or slightly elastic form ?What topic next ? Isotropic metals ? Austenitic stainless steels ?Odd.

I always assumed the term ''plastic'' was a reference to the fans inside Carrow Road, ie those occupying the plastic (seats) or because those in 3 out of 4 stands sit motionless for 90 mins like they were made out of plastic.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]The only person remotely bothered by plastics is Waveney and he''s a multi-personality troll so don''t anybody worry about trying to justify their support to appease him.[/quote]

Is ruthers 1 Waveney?

The posters directing their bile at so-called "plastic" fans clearly don''t understand the financial realities of the modern game. Have they ever asked themselves why clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool spend huge amounts of money to grow their "plastic" support? Or why it is that clubs with huge overseas followings dominate the TV screens and internet streams? Clubs like ours with relatively paltry "plastic" followings are severely handicapped from a financial point of view and in terms of media, and hence advertising, exposure (cue Vincent Tan''s wanting Cardiff to go red rather than blue, and Assem Allam''s attempt to re-brand Hull City as Hull Tigers). If supporters can''t rid themselves of  small club attitudes, they shouldn''t wonder why they''re always watching a small club team.