Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

OLSSON !

Harry Toffolo has signed until the end of the season for Swindon, so he will not replace Olsson, at least in the short term. But he seems to be getting excellent reviews there, all good for the future.

[quote user="pete"] Since then he has failed to put in significant effort .[/quote]

Well it must be a ghost that I see running down the wing to support the attack.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I would say something like £4.5m would do; imo he''s a decent footballer so would fit Swansea, but he''s not startling defensively and has been caught cold for several poor goals this season. I''m not sure about relying on Garrido - Cuellar can play l/b as can Whitts, so we have options, but we might still need a replacement.[/quote]

Garrido, Cuellar or Whittaker....gees what are you lot thinking about!

I meant to say Cuellar is a solid CB to understudy Turner.

People moan about Whittaker at RB so why should he suddenly turn into a super LB?

Garrido ok but not first choice for The Prem if its our intention to get back there.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Garrido ok but not first choice for The Prem if its our intention to get back there.[/quote]Doesn''t need to be first choice for the prem, just needs to be first choice for this level at which point we can then improve on this in the summer after promotion.

[quote user="CJ"]I never fail to be amazed at the different views on players. In my opinion and clearly several premier league managers Ollson is class and one of our best players. Left back is a tough position to play because of the large number of quality right wingers in this league and above, and yet rarely do you see anyone really troubling Ollson. He unfortunately almost due to lack of business in his position get drawn out of position too often as he did against Cardiff, who like many other teams put most pressure on our weaker right back position. Having said that like others I think he wants away and if his mind is really elsewhere as I think it was early in the season it is best to get best deal for us and him and move on. However Garrido in my opinion is no replacement anybody who went to Shrewsbury will tell you how awful he was and seemed not to care either. I know only one game but to me would be big risk .And therefore will need replacement. The next match is a must win and at least keep him for that whilst behind scenes sort out the deal if we must.[/quote]

Sorry but that is complete rubbish.

Over the last 5 or 6 home games our left back area has been targeted consistently and it has been noticed by myself and everyone who sits around me. Left back is by far our weakest area and Olsson in my opinion is the weakest link in our defence, offers next to nothing going forward and is very poor defensively, his distribution is also horrendous, so many miskicks out for throw in''s on Saturday and normally an aimless hoof up top. 

Made me laugh when Whittaker used to get slaughtered when he is far superior to Olsson in every way.