Sign in to follow this  
lucy thomas

worthington

[quote]is nigel worthington the man to take norwich back to the premiership !!![/quote]

Hello Lucy. Welcome to the forum. That is the question I''m sure all us Norwich fans would love to know the answer to - will we be promoted with Worthy at the helm come May! Only time will tell I guess as I can''t see the board losing faith with him and why should they!? He transformed the club before and got us promoted so why can''t he do it again?! I think we need to be patient and get behind Worthy! After all it is only two games into the season. Palace and Southampton have made bad starts too - Redknapp and Dowie haven''t become bad managers over night and neither has Worthy! I think it demonstrates the Champ is a hard league to get out of and it takes a while to re-adjust to the style of play!

[quote]is nigel worthington the man to take norwich back to the premiership !!![/quote]

A big Yes and little no.

On past record, stability, knowing the ropes of getting out of this league and THE LACK OF A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE, Worthy IS the man.

On lingering (growing?) doubts about his ability to learn from past mistakes, blind sighting ofundrperforming players, an over-reliance on energy over ability, a lack of coaching changes into players/teams  or taking the club ay further forward than he has so far then its a quiet no.

Another reason for a possible no is that this seems to be the third consecutive season that we have started the year with a squadnot fit for purpose; we only became contenders two years ago with a huge influx of attcking players, last year one of the catalysts for us was Deano.  This year it is the midfield in particular and possibly central defence too that looks under nourished.   That tells me something about his level of planning.  

OTBC