Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

A word for Tettey

The only player in our entire squad who has consistently performed up to his potential. Hasn''t had a bad game all season, puts in a proper shift every game & isn''t afraid to go in where it hurts.All we need now are 10 more like him

Only player this season that deserves a move back to the top flight. If he gets the chance i wouldnt begrudge him it. Top player.

He was terrific today. If everyone else had put into the game what he did it would have been a different story.

Thought Howson (not his best game) tried to give it a go and Redmond kept trying but others lacked.

Hooper had some bright moments in the first half but disappeared after. While Jerome certainly failed to earn his £30k pw with a performance absent of both effort and quality.

Difficult to really know how good Tettey is when playing along side Howson, who is previous life must have been a crab. sideways, sideways, back - as much chance of playing for England as I have.

I totally disagree ,,, Tettey is equally as culpable as the rest of the team of inconsistency . Today he had a decent game ,, was nowhere near to being outstanding . The first half strikers played well ,, as the game progressed the ball got to the strikers less and less ,,, Hooper was winning the ball passing and getting himself into good positions repeatedly , only for no return pass to reach him. The midfield were totally outplayed today . It was a shameful display , Lafferty , Hoooper , and Redmond were the only players who would rank above a 5 .

I felt a bit sorry for the midfield actually because as the game progressed there was so little going on infront of them. Both strikers offering little or no movement and putting little into the game.

There was a moment about 10 minutes into the second half when Whittaker was looking to play the ball forward from just inside Reading''s half but both Hooper and Jerome stood still. Neither of them made an effort to make themselves available, offer an outlet or find some space.

And there was just far too much of it.

Hooper had some bright moments in the first half, that is fair. Jerome had none.