Sign in to follow this  
pete

K (with a K) Robinson

Well we certainly shall be looking for a new manager soon I would suggest the current MK Dons manager as an experienced replacement for the hapless Adams. Mike Phelan experienced number 2 but not managerial material. My first choice would be Tony Pulis who would firstly solve the defensive inadequacies but would not play the ''Norwich Way'' and probably would not want to work with the useless Board.

Why then Robinson:

He''s young and talented much like a certain P.Lambert esq.

He''s produced an attractive side.

He''s kept them near the top of Div 1 for a number of seasons although failed to get them promoted see Lambert''s promotion record prior to City.

Has had to work within strict financial guidelines dictated by Winkleman who like Delia is a mini millionaire. That will impress McNally.

We will not need Bowkett to scour Europe KR just down the road.

Compo should be reasonable.

Will probably work with our current management team and not need to bring in his cronies like Hughton.

Will be a new broom who will give our entire squad a boost by giving them an opportunity to impress the new boss will not have his favourites as Addams and Hughton did.

Knows the players in the lower leagues which is where will be searching soon for bargains e.g. Holt, Pilks, Martin and Bennetts.

Not a former Canary which is a plus point seeing how previous Canaries have performed latterly as our manager.

Lots of plus points for me which means the fact he''s from Liverpool can be forgiven.

Best of luck Karl need to get him before MK Dons get promoted with Bristol C and his profile and cost will go up.

Get back to the Norwich Way which is winning with attractive football not that currently being served up by Adams which is to concede goals too easily and fail to win at Carrow Rd.

There''s not really such thing as ''the norwich way'' though. What we need is someone who knows how to get us up and there''s a list of people who could do that, although Pulis is certainly on that list, there''s no hope of him coming here imo as he''ll be the manager premier league clubs turn to for getting them out of trouble at this early stage. Personally I hope Leicester sack Pearson (as stated in a pervious thread) because then we can get him and make the boards job easier as he would be the outstanding candidate. Karl Robinson, well, we need to do better than him imo

With the situation we are now in, Pullis would seem our best bet but does anyone think our owners would go for him? Not a chance but I hope I''m wrong.

Pete makes a good case for KR and I would not be unhappy with his appointment particularly if it could be arranged that Phelan stays. That would potentially be a good partnership with a national media acceptance.

Whilst I appreciate there are a few who do not give any credence to image but just examine the image that we have at the moment!!!

I would be happy with Robinson and would certainly hope we pull out all of the stops to get him (lets face it, the contract is probably already being written up for Phelan/Holt partnership though).

as to whether Robinson would be happy to work with MP is a discussion for another day.

Not for me, a lot of talk about him amoungst other clubs in past when vacancy appears but still at MK Dons and they are still in League 1 and haven''t really moved on since Di Matteo was there 5 years ago and got them to the play offs. Need someone with a better track record, I''d like Steve Bruce if Hull give him the bullet, still should have been Lennon........................